Misund-HOST-anding...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Do you honestly think you're the first one on the internet to claim that? These tests have been done a million times already - there's no "sound" to any DAW (apart from, perhaps, Harrison MixBus - but that's its selling point). Go look up one of the earlier threads. These tests have been done a million times already. There's plenty of proof that what you're saying is wrong, and plenty of proof that whatever differences to how different hosts sound have to do with user error.

But i don't even need to know any of that. I just know how digital audio works, not least because i myself am a programmer. There's a reason why it's called digital, you know. If you add two numbers and get a different desult than the other guy, that's not "sound of the DAW", that's unwanted distortion.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

@Burillo: Sincerely I don't know if I am the first and I don't care... I'm sure you have your matters to say that (an accademic kwowledge)

I've probably said bullshit, I do not know what I mean, and in fact I was looking for confirmation or denial However I think I will use Nuendo 5 for recording and mixing (expecially, as you said, for workflow, graphics etc etc)

being (Me) ignorant on the subject was wondering exactly feedback from people more experienced, just as you are, are you sure it was not to make controversy and indeed I apologize

But I always invite to do a test in your own home studio and see with their ears... Cause if Digital are precise, all the rest NO!

there's no need for an apology, a lot of people get this mystical thinking at some point. it's understandable, a lot of people are musicians first, not engineers, and may not have the knowledge required to understand that the reality is much more bland than their imagination tells them. the best they can do is accept that their ears can lie to them, and that they are not infallible and may screw something up even if they triple-checked everything and are absolutely, positively sure that they did everything right. being confident doesn't necessarily mean that you're right.

that said, digital is precise, which is the whole point. if you hear differences when there are none, it's not the DAW sounding differently, it's your ears lying to you. there's a million things that can affect your perception - whether you like the GUI more, whether you spent a lot of money on it and are subconsciously seeking to "prove" to yourself that it was worth it, and stuff like that. that's why there's ABX testing and null testing. in order to get a correct result, you first have to know how to do such a test, otherwise the result you get will only serve to prop up your illusions, not tell you anything useful.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Turello wrote: I have not touched any automation, pan, levels and...
Have you ascertained pan law is the same in each of the hosts?

@jancivil: Obvious!!! ;-)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”