How to plonk a "moderator" in an OPEN forum who is only a real moderator in his developers' forum?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hink wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
Hink wrote:the problem with plonking someone is it does not affect quotes which can just make matters worse for the plonker (sorry :oops: ). There will always be a lot of selective quoting which can lead to reading things way out of context, especially if you had not read the rest of the post from the person you have blocked. Of course there is just as much quoting of full posts as well, so really how effective is plonking really? :shrug:
I think its farluker who has a Greasemonkey script that hides quotes of the plonked. But I agree with the OP; More than one 'developer' with a forum here has misused their extra privileges, and it'd be nice to restore that balance somewhat.
I agree, but that's a long way to go for avoidance and it wont solve the problem. It will solve the problem for the individual but still the underlying problem will still exist. Unfortunately I dont see a better option
I just want to mention that, in my perception, this is an exceedingly small number of dev/mod/reps. Maybe a half dozen, tops.

A lot of dev/mod/reps writing in open forums are a real joy to read.. Urs on his continuing anti-piracy quest, for example. That's a hoot.

At least one or two of these guys are shooting themselves in the foot by acting out in public forums. If they manage to piss enough people off, sooner or later they are not going to sell any product.

Return to “Site Stuff”