Image Line re-authorize legit software?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just got an email from these clowns saying that I need to log in and re-authorize my products. That makes me mad as hell. Has any developer EVER required anyone to log in periodically to re-authorize a product that you paid in full for? I don't even use their tiny, all gray, non-resizeable plugins after the initial disappointment. Imagine using Edison at about 4"x5" on a 27" monitor to do critical audio edits. Wish I could get my money back on their entire line. I blame only myself for buying them.
I've spent countless hours re-setting up all of my VSTs in FLStudio, more than once, to the point that I don't even know how to use the DAW itself. I burned out before I could get it set up. It opens in 2 seconds though. Nobody else can do that, I suppose.

Happy Thursday. :evil:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

You sure this was a legit email? I've never had a single email asking me to do that in a decade.

Never had this sort of thing happen and I've been using it since version 3. I think the issue is on your end some how.

BTW, the version 12 will be using vector graphics so I'm guessing you'll be able to resize things without issues.
Last edited by toine6 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

No, I'm not certain. On looking at the email again, there is a slight grammatical error at the bottom. I replied to the email with a nastygram. Now I'm worried. I need to get to my desktop browser and hover over the links to see if I can discern a sketchy, spoofed link. I'll log into the site directly from a typed URL and change my password while I'm at it. Maybe someone is free-riding on my authorizations??

i would contact Image-Line asap.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I'm doing that right now. Changing a password or two while I'm at it.

I'll post up here if I get any useful news. I have a support ticket open with Image Line as of now.

View the message source and you can see what the URL of the link is.

It might well go to http://www.scammer.cn instead of image-line. I used to ge loads of runescape or battlenet mails using the same scam. The link looked like it went to the proper website but of course the actual link went elsewhere.

You'll also be able to see where the e-mail originated if you view the headers. You might want to do a quick google search on identifying fake e-mail headers, but essentially:
1) Work back from the last "hop" and check that the IP address the e-mail is supposed to have come from is in the previous hop. If you find a mismatch, all the previous header data is faked.
2) Check that the IP address that the e-mail originated from could conceivably be from image-line. If that IP is in Nigeria, China, Russia etc. chances are very high that it's a fake.

Did the email have a Nigerian accent and did it ask for funds upfront so that it can release a series of free plugins?
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

I can't find anything useful in the source. Yahoo has so many html tags wrapping everything up. I can't find a way to get the header info and the trail that comes with it. Maybe IE rather than Firefox will help. I'll try that next.

rustman wrote:I can't find anything useful in the source. Yahoo has so many html tags wrapping everything up. I can't find a way to get the header info and the trail that comes with it. Maybe IE rather than Firefox will help. I'll try that next.
Just do "View full header" for that message and all will be in there.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

rustman wrote:Imagine using Edison at about 4"x5" on a 27" monitor to do critical audio edits.
I am not using FL Studio for few years. Not because program is bad it is not - i just had to switch it because of lack of proper outboard gear support (i've created thread there and if memory serve me i've had 20 pages of people supporting my idea but anyway we all know gol attitude).

With that being pointed out i do have some experience with it and i just wanted you to say - you do realize that from day one Edison can be stretched to whatever size you want? You can resize it to fit inside your whole 27 screen. I actually miss edison a lot.

I've sold my whole account here if that could help you a bit..

I can't find that anywhere on Yahoo mail, nor a right-click, or even within the Firefox options. If it's there, I can't find it. That was my first plan.

kMonkey-
I spend 20 minutes trying every option I could find to enlarge Edison the other night, both stand alone and VST and could not find a way. I think I do recall having done it before, but I had no luck the last time. Just for the record, I'm not a noob. Maybe I downloaded a beta or something. I'll revisit it when I get this issue sorted.

rustman wrote:Maybe someone is free-riding on my authorizations??
There are no authorizations with image-line products. At least on the windows side its a simple reg file that goes into your registry or placed in the same dir as their apps. Theres no actual authorization to do. I believe they may have told people to update their reg file maybe back at ver11 because they were changing formats or adding some new stuff, but I dont remember exactly and maybe it didnt happen at all

ezelkow1 wrote:
rustman wrote:Maybe someone is free-riding on my authorizations??
There are no authorizations with image-line products. At least on the windows side its a simple reg file that goes into your registry or placed in the same dir as their apps. Theres no actual authorization to do. I believe they may have told people to update their reg file maybe back at ver11 because they were changing formats or adding some new stuff, but I dont remember exactly and maybe it didnt happen at all
True. Here is the text from the email directly from my inbox (I redacted the personal info):

support@image-line.com
To Me
Today at 8:11 AM
Dear (redacted),

Your FL Studio registration key file needs renewal.
Your program purchase is not affected in any way.

Please rerun an up to date registration key file (flregkey.reg)
to unlock your already installed FL Studio program again.

All you need to do is to generate a new registration key file from your 'my account' page. And run that file on your computer.

You can sign in(*) to your 'my account' using this link:
[ http://support.image-line.com/login/log ... (redacted) ]

If you encounter any problems with requesting a new registration key file, please check this Knowledge Base article:
http://support.image-line.com/knowledge ... rationcode

Requesting and running a new registration key file will keep your FL Studio program active*.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this renewal procedure.

Useful links

Knowledge Base: [ http://support.image-line.com/knowledgebase/base.php ]
Video Tutorials: [ http://support.image-line.com/videotutorials ]
FL Studio Help: [ http://flstudio.image-line.com/help ]
Shop: [ http://shop.image-Line.com ]

PS: If above links do not work, please copy & paste the entire link (everything between the square brackets) to your web browser and try again.

Best regards,

The IL Support Team
http://support.image-line.com

(*) Sign in can also be done using your purchase e-mail address (redacted) and personal chosen password.

* if you are using an official release FL Studio installer.
for FL Studio beta program installers there can be a time limit build into the beta program itself.
Reply, Reply All or Forward | More

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”