please FLstudio users test this

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

I really need some people to test the "keep on disk" function in FLstudio (4.5.2 here).
Could you load some big audio clips in the playlist/audiotracks section (2 or 3 50/60 mb
.wav files)(ie converted from a cd or whatever).

Then, check the windows task manager (processes tab), it should say that FLS uses something like 15mb.
Then, you press "play" on FLS (so it reades the big wav(s) files, right ?), and check the taskmanager again.
Here, the amount of ram used by FLS increases all the time it reads the wavs (which shouldnt happen).

Thanks a billion.

aha yeah im seeing this over here with a vocal track im using as an audio clip. this clip is chopped up and everytime a slice is played, the ram usage for FL.exe increases. lets just say that maybe it wouldnt be good to play your songs looped for more than a few days? :P
Your not just wrong, your stupid...

can't you use something more in-depth & accurate to check CPU usage, like TaskInfo2000 or something?

you mean ram usage...
I tried Taskinfo2003 (ok its more precise but i dont see the point).
I can still see the "InMemKB" increasing over the time.
(thanks again, Gol, for the support, and thanks Chocalat for the test)(more "testers" are welcome).

I tried Taskinfo2003 (ok its more precise but i dont see the point).
I can still see the "InMemKB" increasing over the time
I do see the point, because I can't here. The mem usage is increasing in the task manager, but it's not reliable - just minimize FL and it suddenly only eays 1mb?? bs.

NOW, the track streamed from disk obviously eats some memory. This memory shouldn't be owned by FL, it should just be the Windows cache. Like anything that you load, it obviously fills the cache, so that when you load it again it's read from the RAM, not the HD anymore. Maybe on your system it assigns that memory to FL?

just minimize FL and it suddenly only eays 1mb?? bs.
Youre right. Damned, thats cool :)
Whats even cooler is that TaskInfo2003 says the same thing (1.2 mb when minimized).
Maybe on your system it assigns that memory to FL?
Ok, but can i change something ?
On the desktop computer i have a Deskstar 80gb IBM (i think its 2mb cache).
I dont know whats on the laptop (its a 40gb), but its the default settings (didnt tweak anything yet).
Last edited by geoslake on Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

about what? Only advice I have is that if you experience glitchy disk streaming, increase your latency, leaving windows more time to read pages from the HD when needed.

Yes it's true, the amount of RAM used increases a lot!

I discover that it only increase when it's readind a part of the audio clips that were not readed before (I think)
Last edited by kyodeejay on Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yes it's true, the amount of RAM used increases a lot!

I discover that it only increase when it's readind a part of the audio clips that were not readed before (I think)
Thanks for having tried, kyodeejay.
about what?
About what i quoted.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”