1.6 fail to scan, W7 64 bit pro

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

are we saying the bugs have now been fixed?

I thought AA promised they would e-mail the users and announce here when it was available?
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

ChamomileShark wrote:I thought AA promised they would e-mail the users and announce here when it was available?
I'm hoping they announce when they've finished sending the emails as I have no idea whether ArtsAcoustic are using an old (i.e. dead) email address for me. (which my licence email in my archive would seem to suggest)

(I have filled out the online change of email form, but likewise I guess they're busy, which is understandable)

zeep wrote:Works fine now!
Loving the new reverb types. However, they seem to be suffering from the same bug as the previous added types. With short reverb Time they all pan to the Left a bit.

Try a small reverb Time in the Small room. Make the room not so big. Turn Dry 0% and Wet 100% for testing purposes. Run a snaredrum through it, or similar.
Notice the Wet reverb is nicely centered.

Now change the reverb type to one of the new types. They all sound a bit centered to the Left side.

Just downloaded and installed - all seems to be working OK here now - thanks
Our new Album " My Blood Runs Cold"
www.devinelie.com
Check out our latest videos on
http://www.youtube.com/user/DevineLie/videos

fandango wrote:(I have filled out the online change of email form, but likewise I guess they're busy, which is understandable)
The guys at ArtsAcoustic got me sorted today and fixed my email issue. Many thanks Alexander, great to be using the best reverb in the world (imvho!) in native Cubase 64bit now.

Great company. :)

Loving the new reverb types. However, they seem to be suffering from the same bug as the previous added types. With short reverb Time they all pan to the Left a bit.

Try a small reverb Time in the Small room. Make the room not so big. Turn Dry 0% and Wet 100% for testing purposes. Run a snaredrum through it, or similar.

Now change the reverb type to one of the new types. They all sound a bit centered to the Left side.
Hi zeep,

I can't reproduce the problem the way you described, except for the wide and slapback algo, but only when you listen to the reverb 100% wet and with low diffusion. However, this is intended and needed to realize the "ping pong" effect that is, beside others, responsible for the width effect. But I balanced perception and level issues very carefully, so you shouldn't notice this at all in the mix.

Note that a reverb can react very different to different signals - like a real room, too. So it can happen that some signals seem to appear more from the left or more from the right side. This is normal behavior and happens with all reverbs - except mono reverbs. ;-)

If you experience trouble with a signal, you have a wide range of possibilities: try to increase diffusion, or change the roomsize slightly. Also play with density and spread - they all affect early reflections and the way they react to different frequencies. Of course, if this doesn't help, you might be better with another room type.

Anyway, there will always stay a certain kind of weakness in terms of panning if you listen to the pure wet reverb. Consider it as a strength - as it contributes to that, what makes our reverb to what it is: a natural and pronounced reverb, not a perfect clean one.

Hope this helps! ;-)
kind regards, timo

timo at artsacoustic wrote:

Hi zeep,

I can't reproduce the problem the way you described, except for the wide and slapback algo, but only when you listen to the reverb 100% wet and with low diffusion. However, this is intended and needed to realize the "ping pong" effect that is, beside others, responsible for the width effect. But I balanced perception and level issues very carefully, so you shouldn't notice this at all in the mix.

Note that a reverb can react very different to different signals - like a real room, too. So it can happen that some signals seem to appear more from the left or more from the right side. This is normal behavior and happens with all reverbs - except mono reverbs. ;-)

If you experience trouble with a signal, you have a wide range of possibilities: try to increase diffusion, or change the roomsize slightly. Also play with density and spread - they all affect early reflections and the way they react to different frequencies. Of course, if this doesn't help, you might be better with another room type.

Anyway, there will always stay a certain kind of weakness in terms of panning if you listen to the pure wet reverb. Consider it as a strength - as it contributes to that, what makes our reverb to what it is: a natural and pronounced reverb, not a perfect clean one.

Hope this helps! ;-)
Hi Timo,

Thank you for explaining it to me in detail. It makes sense now.
AAR is one of my goto reverbs and i always wondered why i sometimes got that "off center" reverb sound. It never stopped me from using it though.

Return to “Arts Acoustic”