The Return of Solid State Symphony! Only way better. Available Jan 1, 2013

Official support for: indiginus.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Friends,

Solid State Symphony is a virtual orchestra created using samples derived from analog synthesizers instead of acoustic instruments. An early version was released in 2006, but was sounding a bit dated (ironic) and needed scripting to bring it to life. I also took the opportunity to record the samples in 24-bit rather than the original's 16-bit. This process, along with the editing, scripting, and GUI design took well over a year to complete.

Why in the world would we need an orchestra based on analog synth sounds? Well, it's kind of hard to explain, so I thought we could use...

The Back Story:
Imagine it's 1979, and you just got your first real composing gig writing the score for the City Planetarium's presentation of "The Mysteries of Uranus". Great! Only there's a problem- it's clear that they are expecting a "big orchestral sound", but the budget doesn't allow for hiring a quartet, much less an orchestra. And you haven't even got a string machine anymore (ever since your Orp Omni "accidentally" flew out the back of your van). You were just about to turn down the gig, when you saw it at the mall piano store- The Orchesphonic System 340 Synthesizer! This 200 oscillator beauty could play several sounds at the same time, and even had a built-in step sequencer. You were sure that you could make room for it if you just got rid of the sofa. And the recliner. But, sadly, the $100,000 price tag (based on about $500 per oscillator at the time) put it out of reach. As it turned out, you were able to talk the music store owner into letting you use the mega-synth when the store was closed for a reasonable rate. The score was completed on time, the Planetarium folks loved it, and you learned quite a bit about our solar system's 7th planet!
Well, the Orchesphonic System 340 never existed, but if it had existed we would have sampled it, and it probably would have sounded like.....
Solid State Symphony, The Analogue Synth Orchestra!

Just to be clear, Solid State Symphony really does exist, and it has a unique, warm sound that is much more detailed than you might expect. It's also great for layering with acoustic orchestral sounds and for using as a sketchpad while composing. And it's only $40. Please check out the walk-through video below to see if it could be useful in your template. Everything in the video was played in real time, although I edited the final sequence to keep things moving. No additional processing (except limiting) was used. There will be special pricing for owners of the original Solid State Symphony, so please send me an email if this applies to you. Kontakt 4.2.4+ Full Version required.

Click on the image below to view a video walk-through. I'll have more info and demos soon.
Thank-you,
TC
indiginus

indiginus

EDIT: There will be a special price for owners of the original Solid State Symphony. Please send me an email with your original purchase data and I will get you a link.
Last edited by tcollins on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Waiting long ago for this one. Glad to know that finally will be released 8)

It looks like you've put a ton of work into this. The video walk through looks and sounds amazing!!! I love the gui options. It looks like it was well worth the wait. :)
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Al last! I've been checking on this regularly! :D

Come on! Come on! Come on! :D

Got it! :D
sweeet....

WOW!!! thats a real bargain!!!
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Got it!

Getting it!

Wow, this looks and sounds great. Email about upgrade sent.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

I haven't had very much time to explore this yet, but it sounds wonderful, and, simply put, is fun to play. The interface is a huge improvement over the original, and the Solid State Strings instrument is a really nice extra. I expect I'll be up late tonight playing more with this.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

Just received an email about this release. This looks Killer!
I consider the original a desert island app!
Looking forward to this. :)

:shock: :-o :clap:
"It dreamed itself along"

awesome!

dw

The Mysteries of my WHAT?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Return to “Indiginus”