Rhino stops producing sound in Logic.

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone else had a problem using Rhino in Logic, where it just mysteriously stops making any sound. I can see that it's receiving midi data. A can by the cpu load meter that something is happening. But, no matter what I do, no sound. Has anyone had this problem or is it just me.

So you mean, it did produce sound at some point, but stopped ? Or it never did ?

It did produce sound originally. I've since been wracking my brains trying to think of anything that I could possibly have done to cause this to happen. But, I can't come up with anything.

The only thing I can think of, is that somehow it has set its global volume scaling to 0. Can you check by typing this in a terminal ?

Code: Select all

defaults read com.bigtick.rhino2 DefaultGain
It should print out 0.25

no it's a multicore bug.. g force imposcar and sampletank used to do it but they were fixed.. oh and discovery pro at some point.. i've had everything lol and they are the only others i can think of.. imagine it's working and you hear a click and all sound just stops.. until rhino is removed.. that's what's happening

Hmmm, Rhino doesn't do anything special for multicore, so I'm not sure what to do to fix it. Do you have more information about this multicore issue ?

i think it has something to do with thread safety.. i am sorry for the late response i forgot all about this..

personally it hasn't happened to me with rhino, but i don't use it often.
Now that i am back in a 32 bit host (ableton) i *may* see if i can get boogying with rhino again.

Return to “Big Tick”