25 key controllers

Official support for: indiginus.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I'm new to your VST but I'm liking what I see and am learning the ropes (or strings in this case:)...

I'm wanting to get a mobile keyboard now (PC3X is not too mobile)... and don't know if I can get by with 25 or not. But, if I do go with a 25 key controller I'm wondering how/if it would work with your program.... or, if I should by looking at 49ers.

Thanks.
Kawai MP11, Apogee Duet, MPB 2018, Komplete 10, Spectrasonics Trinity, Ivory II, Pianoteq 6, Ravencroft 275, Logic X, Cubase 8, Spitfire Audio (most products), Superior Drummer 3, ST4

Torch and AGC use one octave (C1-B1) for triggering strumming patterns, so a 25 note keyboard would work for that. However, there is a silent octave and then downstrokes on the 3rd octave (C3-B3) and upstrokes on the 4th (C4-B4), so a 49 note keyboard would be needed if you wanted to access all at the same time.
If you don't mind the mini keys, the Korg MicroKey (37 notes) would let you trigger patterns and downstrokes for accents and stops. I use one of these for programming away from the studio and it works well, and has pitch and mod wheels. Not great for playing piano parts, though!
TC

Return to “Indiginus”