Aspect - signal path

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I tried to figure out which is exactly the path the signal takes in Aspect(besides the assignable modulation sources).
CPB i want to say thank you for this great synth, i am at the beginning of a long road and all i wanted was to find something i can learn with. I didn't buy your synth, i'm using the demo version and not all the features work. I wanted to say it's the greatest synth i've seen, and before knowing what i want, i can tell you i installed on my pc and checked somthing like 60-70 synths.. the best ones, i wanted to find one, to start learning with. But no matter how many features they had, my list droped down to a very few because of the missing midi learn function. I really wanted to be able to touch a synth, i couldn't afford buying hardware so the closest was a synth and a cheap controller. Now i try understanding synthesis with a BCR2000 and your Aspect, and i can really understand something... Polyiblit has a midi learn function and you can see all the parameters on the display, but those knobs are so tinny after one hour you get a headache, and other synths are just like that..
Last edited by aib007 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You really should buy Aspect before posting any further comments! The guys at Loomer have put a lot of effort into Aspect and there's a demo available so you really have no excuse for using a pirated copy.

I'm looking kind of silly now, but i realy didn't see the manual when i looked for it in the first place.
And i figuered everything out. What i didn't understand before was about Envelope 1, which is hardwired to the Amplifier, so it's responsible for the amplitude of the voice. Besides that the signal path is very much user configurable.
It can go from Oscillators -> Mixer -> Filters -> Output
or Oscillators -> Filters -> Output
or Oscillator 1 -> Filter 1(or 2) - > Filter MIX -> Output
Oscillator 2 -> Filter 2(or 1) /
actually this is only an example, it can get really complicated because, each Oscillator, Filter, the Output can have three modulation sources in the same time, so like for each of the three modulation sources i can choose i think any parameter as an input... Envelopes, LFO's, etc. Also there are some other things (wich I didn't understand yet) it's 2 Adders and 2 Multipliers, 2 S&H and 2 Inverters which can be somehow routed from one to the other, back into the signal... well i think it's so complex it is difficult for me to explain how everything works right now, maybe i will try to explain everything again, when i have it all clear in my mind.

taoyoyo wrote:You really should buy Aspect before posting any further comments! The guys at Loomer have put a lot of effort into Aspect and there's a demo available so you really have no excuse for using a pirated copy.
Hy, i know you're right, but i would like to tell you something.
There are hundreds of virtual instruments available. I think any developer is really happy to have more people using it, this is making it's brand more aware in peoples minds. Money will come with time, if that is the issue. But many peoples choice is really to use a synth OR not use a synth.
Developers should have in mind what sort of market they are dealing with. They should have in mind making a powerful brand, as much as i have seen even amazing virtual instruments have a very short life these days.
There is a lot to be said but i rather work than write.
Last edited by aib007 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Without getting into personal politics of using cracked software I would point out that you can use the demo for 30 minutes at a time. Isn't that good enough to learn on if you don't have the money to buy Aspect right now?

Wouldn't that be a better way of respecting the folk that spent long hard hours on the synth that you say you like so much?

Oh btw:

General KVR Forum Rule #4:

Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to, asking for information about, or blatantly bragging about using, warez, crackz, pirated sample content, re-printing material without permission, etc. will result in your post being edited / deleted, and you may be issued with a warning and / or a ban.

Yeap, the version i'm using is working only half an hour, and doesn't allow saving. take care and thanks for your patience

Actually, the demo of Aspect does allow saving. You can't open your saved sounds with the demo, but you can be secure in the knowledge that all the awesome noises you come up with whilst evaluating are there, if you ever decide to purchase.

Did I miss some piracy talk? Please, if you want to evaluate the software, use the evaluation version. I've spent more than a few hours over the past week dealing with several support problems from people who were having problems with the 'demo'. Well, turns out they weren't using the 'demo' at all, if you know what I mean, and it really isn't fair to waste my time trying to deal with problems that only occur because they were using dodgy versions!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

aib007 wrote:I tried to figure out which is exactly the path the signal takes in Aspect(besides the assignable modulation sources)...
Me too - "A picture (and diagram) tells a thousand words"

I've looked at the manual find it missing even a basic specifications list.
Aspect is more than your bread 'n butter VA subtractive synth :!:

Loomer,
1. Please add a specifications list to both the Aspect product web-page and the user manual.
2. Please add a schematic/signal-flow/routing diagram in the user manual.

Cheers,
Michael.

Please add a schematic/signal-flow/routing diagram in the user manual.
Will do: I'll get one diagrammed up sometime after the next Aspect release (which, if tomorrow's testing doesn't reveal any problems, will be out this Wednesday). The general flow, if you're not using any additional patching or routing, is actually quite straight-forward:

- Oscillator 1 + Oscillator 2 + Noise into the Mixer
- Mixer into Filter 1 + Filter 2
- Filter 1 + Filter 2 into Output.

The only real caveat is that "Envelope1 (Amplifier)" is hardwired at 100% modulation into the Output Amplifier Mod section.
Please add a specifications list to both the Aspect product web-page and the user manual.
Noted. Breaking down the blurb on the Aspect page into features has been on the agenda for a while: it's just a case of finding space to schedule these things in.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

All good.

Thanks for the quick reply and will look forward to the update.

Michael.

Return to “Loomer”