Presets and xml

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If I start from a preset, then manually tweak the patch in order to make a new sound, what's the method for saving that sound.

I have been saving those changes as "save program" in the file menu. I notice when I reload these, the sound preset which I started from displays in the bank, instead of my own named patch, however the sound is my newly changed sound. Also, when I hit save program, I noticed I get to save my preset as an xml file.

So here are my questions,

1. If I make a sound/patch what is the best way to store that new sound patch.
2. Is there a way to get the sounds I make into a bank
3. Does the xml exist on the hard drive and can I move single xml files around or better yet can I exchange these individual patches, as this synth quickly creates unique sounds!!! (I just created some humorous and kool patches: fire crackling, wind storms and nice alarm clock fx sounds and wanted to start organizing them. One last thing to mention, a well deserved thanks as this synth packs lots of unique, ecclectic, and shall I say humorous sounds :P )

Thanks in advance, James

There is no 'best' way of storing your creations, it really just comes down to what you're comfortable with. But the approach you are using - storing each individual preset as an XML - seems sensible because this gives you the most flexibility.

Yes, the XML files are stored on disk. The default save location will be in your documents or home folder, but obviously you may have opted to save elsewhere.

There are two ways of creating a bank from your own sounds. If you are familiar with XML you can easily do it manually by hand, or even using any XML tool to combine presets into the correct bank format. The DTD structure for XML patches hasn't been officially published, but a quick glance at a saved bank xml will reveal all you need.

The second way - and much easier - is just to create a new bank (File / New Bank), and then import each XML preset individually with File / Open. When you import a preset like this, it will be imported into the currently selected location in the bank so you will need to import each preset, and then advance to the next empty location in the bank with the + button. When you're done importing, Save Bank to export all your presets as a single Bank XML file.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Return to “Loomer”