Aspect 1.3.2 update

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just wanted to say thanks for the new update - on my Ubuntu Linux installation I've noticed a big drop in CPU usage, more than I was expecting.

Also the new A/B feature is very handy. Excellent stuff all round!

:D

Thanks! Glad you are enjoying the new version - don't get too attached though, version 1.4.0 will be released shortly.

The new version will have fixes for a few minor bugs, as well having several small new features such as support for sustain controllers, and ability to use the Lag Generator output as an audio source. This means you could, for example, use the Lag Generator as a type of Lowpass filter.

It's nice to know that the CPU usage optimizations are appreciated. Overall, CPU usage has dropped about 50 percent-ish since version 1.0.0., and I'm far from finished on the optimization front...
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Hi CPB,

Yes, reduction in CPU use is appreciated as are all improvements to a very nice synth. It shows you care about what you do and work for ultimate perfection. That makes you an artist!

I just got this synth and probably should reserve any judgments, but so far I find Aspect to be a very clean, well designed, nicely analogue sounding engine. It has it's own character; it sounds like-- a synthesizer! I find it can make vintage ARP synthesizer type sounds very well which a lot of VAs can't do well if at all. At least to my ears they do not. This one does. That alone makes it worth it's reasonable price.

Well, I'm still exploring. Looking forward to 1.4.0 and I'm glad to know any wee niggles I may happen upon will probably be worked out before I know they're there. Guess you can tell I like your machine. :tu:

Please take care,
joji

palebluedun wrote:Hi CPB,

I just got this synth and probably should reserve any judgments, but so far I find Aspect to be a very clean, well designed, nicely analogue sounding engine. It has it's own character; it sounds like-- a synthesizer! I find it can make vintage ARP synthesizer type sounds very well which a lot of VAs can't do well if at all. At least to my ears they do not. This one does. That alone makes it worth it's reasonable price.
I agree with you there - so many software synths sound very much alike, it's nice to find something that sounds a bit more distinctive.

Any news on the wavetable version?

I've not really had much of a chance to get into the wavetables yet. They are still riding high on my to-do list, but I've had a lot of higher priority things to look at in the interim.

I've been informed that if I want to do wavetables right, I should be looking to the Waldorf XT for inspiration. Are there any other features you'd like to see in the wavetable oscillators?
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Sure...all the modular flexibility of the standard version, an arpeggiator, startwaves, three audio rate LFO's...

I was just demoing Aspect and find it excellent sounding. There is a few weird things though... Resonance at full is sounding weird, for instance. Some potentiometer ranges are weird, too. Excellent oscillators and excellent options and what's most important - sound :). I really dig it.

But I can't find Legato mode... is there a Legato mode?

and with Wavetables this synth would be a killa :P

Cheers!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Thanks for your feedback regarding Aspect's (awesome :wink:) sound. I don't suppose you could clarify what you mean by 'weird resonance' and 'weird potentiometer ranges'?

As for legato: it's coming. With the current version of Aspect, the closest you can get to a legato mode is by setting polyphony to a single voice and enabling the 'Always Glide' option. Proper legato support is the number one feature that people are requesting lately, so it'll definitely be added to Aspect in the 1.5 update. I intend to release Aspect 1.5 in the next few weeks, but don't have an an exact release date planned.

Return to “Loomer”