Is Tau Pro the upgrade of Tau2?

Official support for: muon-software.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was cruising to find an update for Tau2 and what I found was a bit confusing as described:
Muon Software Ltd wrote:01/07/2008 - Tau Bassline MkII and Tau Pro updated
We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of universal binary Audio Unit and VST2.4 versions of our OSX plug-ins.
Does that mean there is no update for XP? Will you add VST3 compatibility?

And upon further surfing of your site, I saw the Tau2 features include a 64-bit waveform oscillator. I remember testing the beta but a 64-bit osc back then? Has it always had the 64-bit osc, or was that added in an update I missed? How do I update my contact info with you so I can stay informed?

And finally, is the Tau Pro an upgrade of Tau2, or is it a new synth on a new path?

Thanks
And the beat goes on...

Does that mean there is no update for XP? Will you add VST3 compatibility?
The windows version has been updated with the new MIDI learn and VST2.4 compatibility. You can obtain an update by sending in proof of purchase as described in the sticky thread above.
Has it always had the 64-bit osc
All of our instruments do as many intermediate calculations in 64-bit precision as possible. This has always been the case too.
And finally, is the Tau Pro an upgrade of Tau2, or is it a new synth on a new path?
Tau Pro predates Tau Bassline MkII by quite some years, you should consider them to be different products. Tau Bassline MkII is more of an attempt at a faithful emulation and Tau Pro takes Tau MkI and adds an extra oscillator, FX etc.

Kind regards
Dave
Muon Software Ltd
www.muon-software.com

I cannot find proof of my purchase however I was on the beta team, and I bought it upon initial release. Is there a way to display its serial number so I can PM it as proof?

i dont think you get a serial number, as i recall...i cant find mine and i have tau pro and tau2 :?

(both legal version i hasten to add, but dave knows that)

I'm sure I would've used PayPal or ShareIT so I'll start searching them. What is the name and amount I should look for?

I had a number that I had scribbled down on a piece of paper as a Tau reference number.
it's hard to keep up with stuff, especially for something as old as Tau pro

Existing customers from the old site may also like to know that Tau Pro and Tau Bassline MkII have now been updated to VST2.4 on all platforms, and to Universal Binary on the OSX platform. Audio Unit versions are now available also. Tau Pro and Tau Bassline MkII have also been enhanced with easy MIDI learn on all automatable parameters.

Existing customers can update free of charge to the new version ONLY by contacting our customers service email address (http://www.muon-software.com/html/contacting_us.h tml) with proof of purchase.

Acceptable proof of purchase consists of your Worldpay Digital Receipt ID, or confirmation of your email AND postal address at the time of order.

Please allow at least two weeks for delivery of your updated product
Copied and pasted from the sticky thread above that I mentioned in my post.

Kind regards
Dave

Return to “Muon Software”