Sr202 compatability issues with OSX tiger 10.4.1 Please help

Official support for: muon-software.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HI all, I am running OSx tiger 10.4.1 with logic 7.1. I absolutely adore the sr202 drum machine and bought computer music for the vst instrument for OSX. It has been working fine until upgrading to 10.4.1 from 10.4.0. I have sent a email to the muon software webmaster but also thought to post on here. The actually vst inst is working fine until you close the song and reopen another, this causes logic to hang and crash i have included the crash report below....It also crashes when you try to quit logic... I have tried rerinstalling the sr202 vst aswell. Is there an sr202 tiger update?? I am runnig fxpansion vst wrapper and have not ruled that out as the cause, however i am running other vst instruments such as junglist soft synth and are not experiencing problems with them. From the crash report it seems to be the sr202 itself if anyone can decipher the problem I would be most grateful,. p.s the sr202 is passing the AU validation cheers tommy

[edited by Dave to remove crash log text]

I've not been able to reproduce this issue (under OSX 10.4.1, Logic Pro 7.1 and Fxpansion AU VST 1.50.02). If you send me the SR202 kit you're using I can try again, but I'm not hopeful.

If the crash can't be reproduced, it is a good indicator that the crash is very specific to a particular set of circumstances and we'd have to look into it very closely. However since the CM instruments are no longer supported by Muon, this is something I'd have to do in my (very limited) spare time.

Regards
Dave

Hi there, I know this post is quite old, but I experienced exactly the same problem as discribed by tommycujo, though I'm using the newest OSX tiger and Cubase SX 3 (incl. all updates). Everything seems to work fine until re-opening a project I used the SR202, and Cubase crashes immediately.
I REALLY like this plugin since it fits my needs to 100%- but I guess that there's some incompatibility with OS X (although it should work, as stated on the CM DVD). I am aware that Muon unfortunately doesn't support the SR202 anymore, but I'm still hoping that someone knows how to fix this issue. Or, alternatively, I'd be also very happy if someone could tell me a similar piece of software which does the same job, using little CPU/RAM etc... That's the strength of the SR202, I'd say.
Best greetings from Berlin,

Andreas

As you rightly point out, we no longer provide support for the CM plugins, and there's no contract with CM any more under which we could issue fixes. The plugins will work fine in Cubase SX1 but do not work in subsequent versions - you have to remember that these plugins were designed for OS9/Jaguar Macs before Cubase SX was even released by Steinberg.

Regards
Dave
Muon Software Ltd
www.muon-software.com

Hi Dave,
ok, but thanks a lot for your answer! Wow, didn't know that those plugins were THAT old ;-)... Everything else works fine, though.
Greetings from Berlin,
Andreas

Return to “Muon Software”