Amg One & Rex files.

Official support for: muon-software.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HI

When loading/importing a Rex file into One it seems that you have to convert it (save it as) to the opf? proprietry format - this is a bit of a pain, have I missed something or is there no way of loading non library Rex files without this conversion procces?

If indeed this conversion is the only way you can bring in Rex files then is there a way to batch process them, if not is there any chance of making available a utility to batch process Rex files to the 'One' proprietry format - this has to be a highly desirable and much needed addition to the program.

Another thing I noticed was that when you save an imported Rex file into the proprietry format it is DOUBLE the size of the original Rex file; is this right? - it seems a bit extreme; a 1 Gig Rex library will become 2 Gig and leave you with 3 Gigs should you keep your original Rex folder intact!?

OR

Perhaps I missed something; in which case apologies and can you tell me where I am going wrong!

Flipper.

HI

OK ... I can see that you can switch off the option to convert the REX file into the proprietry format - which probably isn't a good idea if you want to have some of the more advanced features that 'One' will give you.

But ...

Is is there a way to batch process a bunch of Rex files from a location, I want to be able to use my entire Rex library with 'One' and converting them one at a time will be, well ... time consuming!

Thanks.

Flipper.

The only thing you will miss out on if you don't convert imported files to OPF/OPS is the ability to reference the samples in those files. This means your patches will contain embedded samples and will be bigger than a fully referenced file.

Cheers
Dave

PS - there's a pretty good section in the manual on this, worth a read.

Another thing I noticed was that when you save an imported Rex file into the proprietry format it is DOUBLE the size of the original Rex file; is this right?
REX compression is in general better than 2:1 - our compression, without encryption is at best 2:1 but sometimes as bad as 1.25:1 depending on the material. In most cases there's going to be a difference, but it will vary depending on what kind of patch it is.

Cheers
D

Return to “Muon Software”