Arturia PolyBrute 12

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Considering how Arturia Minilab mk3 still has issues with Logic after such a long time, and the support doesn't even answer to tickets, I'm not sure if I would invest in another Arturia hardware. Just my 2 cents.

zerocrossing wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 4:17 pm
cryophonik wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 3:34 pm
CoolColJ wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 3:10 pm Someone who play one at Perfect Circuit said the keybed feels like a high end Fatar

So thats reflected in the price :)
Are you planning to swap out your PB6?
I definitely am. The extra voices and MPE are the icing, but the polyphonic aftertouch keyboard means that I can make it my main controller, eliminating my L shaped studio. That means that I can move my work computer out of my bedroom.
Nice! I’ve been watching our local Craigslists here in NorCal and, surprisingly, there aren’t a million PBs suddenly for sale. The week Digitakt II was announced, 15 OG Digitakts popped up and some prices dropped to well below $400.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

cryophonik wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 1:54 am
zerocrossing wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 4:17 pm
cryophonik wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 3:34 pm
CoolColJ wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 3:10 pm Someone who play one at Perfect Circuit said the keybed feels like a high end Fatar

So thats reflected in the price :)
Are you planning to swap out your PB6?
I definitely am. The extra voices and MPE are the icing, but the polyphonic aftertouch keyboard means that I can make it my main controller, eliminating my L shaped studio. That means that I can move my work computer out of my bedroom.
Nice! I’ve been watching our local Craigslists here in NorCal and, surprisingly, there aren’t a million PBs suddenly for sale. The week Digitakt II was announced, 15 OG Digitakts popped up and some prices dropped to well below $400.
I won’t be ready to do anything until November or maybe early next year, so I’ll see what the environment is like at that time.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Not that I'd buy one, but I was surprised by the price. Was expecting 5k-ish.

cryophonik wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:25 am
bmanic wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:41 pm Then again, I've always been partial to the more "clicky" on/off feeling synth actions. Probably because I spent so much time with Yamaha synths in the early 90's (DX7, SY77 & 99 etc). So maybe that's the reason?
That could be it. I don’t think of the PB’s keybed as being “mushy” per se, but more as nuanced and maybe subtle. I prefer AT that comes in gradually over abruptly and that’s how the PB responds for me. I owned far more Roland synths back in the 80s than Yamaha synths, so I’m definitely accustomed to a different feel, not to mention that my main instrument is bass and secondary is keys, which probably affects my technique and preference. But, my PB keybed feels nothing like the old M-Audio controllers - I hated their shit products with a passion. :hihi:
It seems I'm not alone in my thoughts here. Another guy just posted this on Gearspace about the 5 different PolyBrutes he owned:
1. Defective, cause unknown.
2. Voice calibration issues - wouldn’t calibrate at all, I spent a week working with Arturia to the point they comped me V-Collection for my trouble. This is a known issue from some 2021/2022 units, there were QC problems at their factory.
3. Dead 6th voice when using certain waves or filters configurations. Warped wood touch strip. Also had voice calibration issues and wouldn’t calibrate at all and would just loop when I tried.
—decided to wait a year after this—
4. Noir verrion, damaged cosmetically - screen printing scratched up, maybe shipping issue .
5. Finally ‘perfect’, with a noticeably better keybed than the first few.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”