GForce impOSCar 3 is here

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cool! i still have them here somewhere im sure.

Mr Arkadin wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:09 pmDefinitely worth reporting to GForce.
Already done. They replied they're looking into it.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

How long is the intro price period running?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:37 am How long is the intro price period running?
Why are you asking here? Ask GForce.

Touch The Universe wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:37 am How long is the intro price period running?
Until June 14.

Some Synths come packed with excellent inspiring presets that can easily be tweaked.
I would suggest this is one Synth that fulfils such a role.

Uncle E wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 3:50 am
Until June 14.
Do you know if that applies to upgrading as well or is the upgrade price always the same ?

Digivolt wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:27 pm Do you know if that applies to upgrading as well or is the upgrade price always the same ?
Sorry, I don't know.

c_voltage wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:06 pm Well, frankly i would not say that this is instant, was not fan of v2 by sound abilities (only by UI, that was amazing, and now it seemed to me like faded a little (due to "vectorize" or someting), or im mistake ?).
Almost 40 bucks it's not quite nobrain, rather pretty fair for one-two two good features. In general need check.
Tried, pretty good job with WT editor, and sounds ok. But as for me the general thing that comes to mind when see WT variant it's owning Falcon, which covers all WT needs, despite not has fullfied table editor, but it's not critical. Since by sound in detuned/spreaded WT he still top.
Noticeable also that Imposcar 3 seems has a bit more cpu footprint than Falcon with similar poly\release scenario. (well it's at least with single WT module in Falcon + adsr resp, ofcourse i not recreated whole Imposcar path. But this at least shows that not all so bad with Falcon CPU eating).

Just thoughts out loud. Separately from that, Imposcar 3 quite good\desirable.

(Btw seemed a bit strange that was not able to try classic sequences presets (of v2) in demo, can say one of most tasty sides of Imposcar, who know mb i would change my mind heh).

Digivolt wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:27 pm Do you know if that applies to upgrading as well or is the upgrade price always the same ?
Sent a mail to Gforce this is their reply in case anybody interested
The release offer lasts until June the 14th then the upgrade moves from £29.99 to £39.99 (+VAT if applicable).

c_voltage wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:59 pm Noticeable also that Imposcar 3 seems has a bit more cpu footprint than Falcon with similar poly\release scenario.
This is what turned me off from upgrading. The sound is nice but I can get similar results for less resource from other synths.

I'm reading certain users claiming that impOSCar 3 uses a lot of CPU. Although, I've not experienced much difference between v3 and v2 in my limited usage so far.

Which impOSCar 3 factory presets demonstrate the more demanding CPU for comparison?

MrJubbly wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 5:17 pm I'm reading certain users claiming that impOSCar 3 uses a lot of CPU. Although, I've not experienced much difference between v3 and v2 in my limited usage so far.

Which impOSCar 3 factory presets demonstrate the more demanding CPU for comparison?
Good question.
I have been meaning to ask myself.
I haven't used it much on my PC I admit but on my mac I have been using it for quite awhile and never noticed any lots of cpu on my apple silicon m1 max macbook pro, either standalone or in Cubendo.
rsp
sound sculptist

Just running the Imp3 demo here on my 4 core PC and the CPU hit has been less than Imp2 for me.
? MV? Maybe I need a specific preset to see what others are talking about?

But not even the price has me feeling anything that warrants purchasing yet.

MrJubbly wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 5:17 pm I'm reading certain users claiming that impOSCar 3 uses a lot of CPU. Although, I've not experienced much difference between v3 and v2 in my limited usage so far.

I've not really noticed much of a CPU change from 2-3. I'm using a modern PC running Windows 11 and the latest Bitwig Studio.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Instruments”