need a synth with osc sync to daw and few more features.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

seafire wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:12 pm
roman.i wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:29 pm
chk071 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:52 pm
roman.i wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:51 pm custom envelopes
Please elaborate. Do you mean custom envelope phase shapes, or MSEGs?
ADSR custom curves
You can do that with mseg that allows diff curves for each stage... usually lin/exp etc etc.

Most of what you are asking for seems to be freely available/standard in a lot of stuff.
It may look like it is, but it is not working as expected / synth doesn't handle it correctly.
For example,
1. Massive - when the phase is set it starts to click on attack, probably due to improper handling of zero crossing.
2. Tal mod when turning the phase button it crackles, distracting from the goal.
3. Vital doesn't restart the phase on legato.

Haven't tried Zebra because of the outdated sound.

Pigments got phase control only in version 5, and this is only for wavetable engine, it also has custom curves.
Phase plant is another contender.

roman.i wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 12:21 am
seafire wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:12 pm
roman.i wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:29 pm
chk071 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:52 pm
roman.i wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:51 pm custom envelopes
Please elaborate. Do you mean custom envelope phase shapes, or MSEGs?
ADSR custom curves
You can do that with mseg that allows diff curves for each stage... usually lin/exp etc etc.

Most of what you are asking for seems to be freely available/standard in a lot of stuff.
It may look like it is, but it is not working as expected / synth doesn't handle it correctly.
For example,
1. Massive - when the phase is set it starts to click on attack, probably due to improper handling of zero crossing.
2. Tal mod when turning the phase button it crackles, distracting from the goal.
3. Vital doesn't restart the phase on legato.

Haven't tried Zebra because of the outdated sound.

Pigments got phase control only in version 5, and this is only for wavetable engine, it also has custom curves.
Phase plant is another contender.
Avenger 2. Along many other controls on the oscillators you won't find anywhere else (not pigments, not phase plant).

If you want phase to reset when playing legato, you'll have discontinuities (clicks) in the wave. That's how sound works. Many synth don't reset when playing legato for this reason. I will also cause discontinuities in any modulations happening between oscillators (hard sync, FM, PM, AM etc). Most synths that I've ever used, will reset the phase (if the setting is active) on a new gate signal that also retriggers the envelopes etc and otherwise leave the phase alone.

What exactly do you want to do that requires legato notes/ envelopes, and retriggered phase?
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

I've never noticed this as a problem with Vital, but maybe playing with the voice stealing settings could help?

I may be confused- is the issue that, say you have phase randomisation at 0 and glide enabled and glide between two notes, the second note has a random phase? Because in truth I cannot imagine there being an alternative to this without some odd discontinuities. To snap back to your desired starting phase from whatever portion of the cycle the wave is at would absolutely be audible. Or do you mean that a note played after a legato part doesn't have its phase reset?

Honestly, if you're making something like a tight 16th note bassline, rendering to audio is almost always the best solution- starting phase is just baked into the audio.

Return to “Instruments”