VPS Avenger 2.1 [RELEASED - FAQ in OP]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger VPS Avenger 2

scoplunk wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:48 am I feel like I must be missing something. We have parallel filters now. I want to run filter 1 and filter 2 in parallel, but that's not what's happening. I always seem to have an unfiltered version of the sound going at the same time and I can't figure out how to turn it off. Why would I even want an unfiltered version running in parallel? I could simply open up an LPF and run it beside another filter, if that's the sound I'm after. I'm sure I'm just missing something. How do I make this work like any normal parallel filter routing?
Are you sure the mix knob of the filters is turned to 100%??

I should have waited a few more minutes. I found a factory sound that's routed exactly the way I was hoping we could do this. Great!

A manual would be really useful. The Jon Audio video just describes the parallel filter as a way to have the original unfiltered signal running in parallel with a filtered signal and never addresses the most likely way someone would want to use parallel filters. I was beginning to think it wasn't even possible, when this should be one of the simplest things you would ever want to do on a synth. I usually find the way avenger does things fairly intuitive, but this one threw me. Got it now, though...

scoplunk wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 6:16 am I should have waited a few more minutes. I found a factory sound that's routed exactly the way I was hoping we could do this. Great!

A manual would be really useful. The Jon Audio video just describes the parallel filter as a way to have the original unfiltered signal running in parallel with a filtered signal and never addresses the most likely way someone would want to use parallel filters. I was beginning to think it wasn't even possible, when this should be one of the simplest things you would ever want to do on a synth. I usually find the way avenger does things fairly intuitive, but this one threw me. Got it now, though...
What was the mistake? The mix knob or something else?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Jac459 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:51 am Are you sure the mix knob of the filters is turned to 100%??

Do you mean the send and return? I don't see any filter mix parameter. The issue I was having was that I didn't understand the way the routing was supposed to go. To get the effect I'm after, I need to set up filter 1 and 2 and then just make filter 1 run in parallel. The setup needs to look like this:

Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 11.36.05 PM.png

It isn't really that weird, but without a manual, I wasn't sure how it was supposed to be set and I apparently tried every way but the right way!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

scoplunk wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 6:38 am
Jac459 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:51 am Are you sure the mix knob of the filters is turned to 100%??

Do you mean the send and return? I don't see any filter mix parameter. The issue I was having was that I didn't understand the way the routing was supposed to go. To get the effect I'm after, I need to set up filter 1 and 2 and then just make filter 1 run in parallel. The setup needs to look like this:

Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 11.36.05 PM.png

It isn't really that weird, but without a manual, I wasn't sure how it was supposed to be set and I apparently tried every way but the right way!
Yes indeed, sorry, I was far from my computer and didn't remember the exact wording...

No problem. Thanks for trying to help. I appreciate it!

well, there is a manual
https://downloads.vengeance-sound.com/p ... _2_0_0.pdf

it must be continiously updated, since we continously adding new features, bit this is 2.0 at least

scoplunk wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 6:47 am No problem. Thanks for trying to help. I appreciate it!
Actually, now that I am in front of my computer, what you show in the screen is exactly what I do.

I don't know if it is the best way but basically you set one filter as parallel to get one dry path and one wet path. The clean path will be the one between the send and return. What I generally do in order to have a kind of // filtering, is just insert a gain between the send and return to see how much of dry signal I want to insert. Obviously you could also insert an high pass filter for example to have both high and low pass working in //. Of course the filter 2 should be Serie because it is Serie "inside" the // path of filter 1...
Yeah... Not so easy but I guess that's the way to be hyper flexible and have a total control...

msvs wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:13 am well, there is a manual
https://downloads.vengeance-sound.com/p ... _2_0_0.pdf

it must be continiously updated, since we continously adding new features, bit this is 2.0 at least
Finally we can RTFM!

FWIW it says 2.0.6 on the cover.
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

https://youtu.be/O3lJ2igxRkg

Unlock the full potential of your sound with "Atmospherica 2," the ultimate ambient cinematic expansion pack for VPS Avenger. Featuring a meticulously curated collection of rich textures, evocative loops, granular soundscapes, and epic compositions, this pack is designed to inspire and elevate your music production. Perfect for creating breathtaking atmospheres and cinematic masterpieces, Atmospherica 2 will transport your listeners to new auditory realms. Elevate your sound with the ambient beauty and epic grandeur of this new XP. Like in Volume 1, Manuel Schleis and Andy Hinz have joined forces to offer you a very special sound experience. Again, this is a must have for every Chillout, Ambient, Trance, Film and Media composer!

Attention: VPS Avenger version 2.1 minimum required!

this expansion adds to your library:

150 Avenger presets 18 new drumkits / drum seq
34 new multisamples 2 new wavetables
100 drones & cluster 120 instruments & air
64 mini songs 130 synths & fx
35 voices Total: 449 granular samples

available now at vengeance-sound.com

and here is Bartek of course
https://youtu.be/oLq21LGmiXc

msvs wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:14 am64 mini songs
64?!!!

I know this is highly likely to fall on deaf ears, but for the non-EDM stuff in particular I find this a real turn-off. Mini-songs / SQs are functionally useless to us. I accept that they can be great showcases. And I get that you can break them down into individual patches, but in practice few will do this - if I want a pluck sound I won't trawl the SQs to extract one at random.

These dense arrangements must proportionately take a long time to do, and it's positively unhelpful to me. Just give us a handful of SQs at the most for your selling tools / fun demos, and instead have a larger number of regular patches. Similar with the ARPs - I love me an ARP but I always want them without baked in melodies and chord progressions.

There's been more interest in Avenger of late from the non-EDM crowd who are waking up to what fantastic powerful synth it is. But these policies actively work against a wider adoption I think.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:18 am
64?!!!

I know this is highly likely to fall on deaf ears, but for the non-EDM stuff in particular I find this a real turn-off. Mini-songs / SQs are functionally useless to us. I accept that they can be great showcases. And I get that you can break them down into individual patches, but in practice few will do this - if I want a pluck sound I won't trawl the SQs to extract one at random.

These dense arrangements must proportionately take a long time to do, and it's positively unhelpful to me. Just give us a handful of SQs at the most for your selling tools / fun demos, and instead have a larger number of regular patches. Similar with the ARPs - I love me an ARP but I always want them without baked in melodies and chord progressions.

There's been more interest in Avenger of late from the non-EDM crowd who are waking up to what fantastic powerful synth it is. But these policies actively work against a wider adoption I think.
Agree. Playing chords on my MIDI keyboards results in discordant mixture of sounds - Arp patches needs to be edited to make them useful for me - I wish they were ready to play out of the box. And the atmospheric sounds - they're just the loops that don't transpose properly when playing chords. The video demo was promising, so I get the product and I'm very disappointed.

64?!!!

I remember that Avenger 2 was planned to get a Solo/Deleta all other Layers function or something like that. still doesnt. it sucks you need to delete sometimes so many layers to solo one layer and then resave the patch, thats what i do but there should have been some option to make the process faster. and still it sucks that you dont get the percussions as seperate WAV files.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

64?!!!

you misunderstood

there are 449 granular loops... 64 of these are mini songs, that means there are seperated loops, which fit perfectly over the other... Cinematic Bassline / Cinematic Plucks and Cinematic Pads for example (they have the same chord progression).

This is NOT the preset (SQ) category meant! ;)
actually, in Atmospherica 2 there are a lot more playable sounds than in vol 1
so you have 150 presets AND 449 new granular loops (which you can single use)
toghether with the drumkits and multisamples, this is quite a huge pack.
But the focus is clearly on granular and loop stuff (like vol.1)

Return to “Instruments”