Reason 13 Announced- Sequencer updated!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hmm Eurpoe it supposd to use algoritms for it's oscillators but this is only haf the truth .
After it's done calcaulting the shape , it's dsp waveform is stored in a sample buffer.
You can easiy find this out .
Set osc to fm feedback ( it's actually phase modulation ) now increase it untill it collapses into noise ( just like the dx7 ),don't modulate the shape knob any further

If you now play some low octaves , you have pitched noise , just like it's a sample .
Weird
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

JamminFool wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:10 pm from the ReasonStudios website:
As of September 25, 2023, offline authorization for Reason 11 and earlier has been deprecated.

and

Offline authorizations created before September 25th 2023 will continue to function indefinitely, for as long as your system remains in its current state. Existing offline authorizations can no longer be upgraded though, and Rack Extensions purchased after September 25th 2023 cannot be added to an existing offline authorization. If you buy a new computer, reinstall your OS, or make changes to your computer hardware, your offline authorization may become unusable.
That's fully offline authorization. You can authorize online and then use the app offline for a period (i.e. not always online).
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Greenstorm33 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:08 pm
That's fully offline authorization. You can authorize online and then use the app offline for a period (i.e. not always online).

This only applies to R12.6 I think. But definitely not to any version pre 12.

That morph mode in Polytone sounds pretty cool.

JamminFool wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:10 pm from the ReasonStudios website:
As of September 25, 2023, offline authorization for Reason 11 and earlier has been deprecated.

and

Offline authorizations created before September 25th 2023 will continue to function indefinitely, for as long as your system remains in its current state. Existing offline authorizations can no longer be upgraded though, and Rack Extensions purchased after September 25th 2023 cannot be added to an existing offline authorization. If you buy a new computer, reinstall your OS, or make changes to your computer hardware, your offline authorization may become unusable.
my apologies if i have only made the confusion worse.

SynapT!c wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 pm

This only applies to R12.6 I think. But definitely not to any version pre 12.
Ah, I think you're right. I mixed up the version numbers. My apologies.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Oh well , it was worth a try .
NOt going to upgrade and not too impressed either , the devices have certainly aged altough Monotone sounds pretty good .
Europa , can show certain weaknesses ( the sallen key filter ) with high resonance sounds bloody awfull .
Now I need to find someone as stupid as me who wants to buy a program that needs constant internet acces .( still can't believe it ) , what a F....g Horrible company have they become
Eyeball exchanging

You should have bought Reason 13 :D

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:08 pm Oh well , it was worth a try .
NOt going to upgrade and not too impressed either , the devices have certainly aged altough Monotone sounds pretty good .
Europa , can show certain weaknesses ( the sallen key filter ) with high resonance sounds bloody awfull .
Now I need to find someone as stupid as me who wants to buy a program that needs constant internet acces .( still can't believe it ) , what a F....g Horrible company have they become
Not really. You are criticising the V10.
The V12 can be offline one year.

Also I don't see why you are so upset with the internet access, my teenage kids can't survive without internet access, still, I consider keeping them :-D.

As per the whole ecosystem, I do like grain very much, Europa is good also as one of the pioneer of wavetable+spectral. But I would agree that it isn't changing the world.
What is changing the world in reason offer is Friktion and Objekt.
The 2 synths are just unmatched outside reason world, unfortunately they are not part of the offer.

"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Good additions, but a tame upgrade.

I don't think the additions answer to the critical flaws of Reason, which are that the timeline is still very rudimentary compared to conventional DAWs. It should have better audio editing, clip FX, etc. Reason should be more like Cubase with the rack.

Still won't be upgrading from 9.5.

I think Reason would break the bank if it managed to merge what Renoise has and what Cubase has. It already has what they don't have.

soundmodel wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:00 amReason should be more like Cubase with the rack.
I have the impression that they have given up on this race. Hence the focus on the rack and the simple sequencer, which still has its fans.

We‘ll probably never see a Reason on par with Cubase, Logic, Studio One, Ableton Live, etc.

Crossinger wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:39 am
soundmodel wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:00 amReason should be more like Cubase with the rack.
I have the impression that they have given up on this race. Hence the focus on the rack and the simple sequencer, which still has its fans.

We‘ll probably never see a Reason on par with Cubase, Logic, Studio One, Ableton Live, etc.
Not with the managers who are currently in charge. No signs of fresh breezes. It feels like they have completely lost direction. Still no "real" new sequencer updates in 2024...unbelievable. Still no markers. Not a good update at all I think and generally thats just a terrible product management and a disastrous communication strategy. Simply terrible, I am sorry. :neutral:

Ahum ..
Am I missing something , I can't find a way to adress multiple midi channels in multitimbral vst's also vst's, also vst's with mutiple audio out stil show a single stereo out
Microtonic multi still shows a single stereo out and I can't accces midi channels 2->8 ( it basically acts like 8 independent mono synths when set to pitched mode )
Possible or not . ?
Eyeball exchanging

Found the muti outs (by expanding the vst instrument container )
Now tackle the separate midi inputs for multitibral control
Eyeball exchanging

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”