The Sound Designers of KVR Thread

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1. State name: Vera Kinter

2. What synths you have worked on: all synths from H.G. Fortune, Wusikstation, hardware Korg N-364

3. What developers you have worked for: H.G. Fortune, Wusic.com, Pluggotic,

4. Any web references: http://www.artvera-music.com/

5. Prefered synthesis method (if any): any :wink:

6. Any other comments about your work you would like to present: -

7. Contact info: contact via my website 8)
Last edited by Artvera on Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

1. State name: erm....sonicfire

2. What synths you have worked on: my own ones :hihi:

3. What developers you have worked for: erm....sonicfire :hihi:

4. Any web references: http://www.prodyon.de

5. Prefered synthesis method (if any): many!

7. Contact info: via PM or website ;)

1. State name: Ulrich Klauer (ukm)

2. What synths you have worked on:
Hardware: Devices from Kurzweil, GEM, Moog, Clavia, Korg, Yamaha

Software (the ones I use most often): FM 7, Sytrus 2, rgc Pentagon, Minimonsta, UKAS

3. What developers you have worked for: None, only my own projects

4. Any web references: http://www.uk-music.de

5. Prefered synthesis method (if any): If it sounds right .......

6. Any other comments about your work you would like to present:
If you have 1000s of sounds available you probably don't have the one you need right now.
Every sound may be useful in a certain context - but not every sound is inspiring.

7. Contact info: Contact via my website

So here I am searching for some totally unrelated info and I come across this thread, and I figured, hey why not, I’ve got some patches for download. So here goes…

State name

polyslax... ok ok, Matthew

What synths you have worked on?

Korg M1, Korg Wavestation, Yamaha TG77, Ensoniq VFX, Absynth, Cameleon 5000, Albino, Tera, Vanguard, Tassman, String Studio, Ultra Analog, MOTU MX4, Minimonsta, FilterscapeVA, FabFilter One, Reaktor, Operator

What developers you have worked for?

None

Any web references?

I currently have banks for String Studio, Ultra Analog, MOTU MX4 and Minimonsta on my site at ZooZither Patches

More banks are underway as we speak…

Prefered synthesis method (if any)

Tough call, I'm open to any type.

Any other comments about your work you would like to present?

Like some others here, I’m a wayward guitarist who happens to LOVE synthesizers. I don’t consider myself a pro sound designer, but I like to think my patches are somewhat unique. I’m not out to create perfect emulations of anything. I like weirdly evocative sounds, often with a gritty, noisy quality, depending on the synth of course.

Contact info

You can PM me here or contact me through my site.
Image Image

1. State name:
Christian Andersch (ChrisA)

2. What synths you have worked on:
in alphabetical order, but without personal preferences :wink:

(hardware)
Clavia Nord Lead 3
Kawai K5000S
Korg Oasis PCI
Quasimidi Polymorph
Waldorf Pulse
Yamaha CS1x, TX802, VL1

(software)
N.I. Absynth, FM7, Reaktor, and more
reFX Jun***, and more
VirSyn Tera

3. What developers you have worked for:
reFX: some factory presets for reFX Beast, beta testing of whole product range at that time

7. Contact info:
PM or via http://www.noisetime.com

1. State name.

Sickle/Donovan.

2. What synths you have worked on.

[I'm assuming this means instruments used beyond their exiting preset banks]

Instruments programmed then:

Absynth, Kontakt, Cameleon 5000, Reaktor(extensively), Exciton 1 & 2, FilterspaceVA, several xoxos instruments(Steam in particular), M42, Albino 1 & 2, Angelina, Bazzoid, kARMAkILLER, Morpheus, Osiris 6, Pentagon 1, Screamer SC-2(O-Plat only instrument), String Theory, Rez, STS 17, Swamp, Sophia, AB Synth, several EVM instruments, and dozens I have forgotten.

This list is totally incomplete.

3. What developers you have worked for.

To varying degrees, whether instrument concepting and design, patch creating, beta testing and/or demo track creation:

Ugo, SonicBytes, u-he, RockstarFX, otiumFX, Devine Machine, xoxos, HG Fortune, and rachMiel(Reaktor developer).

This list is also probably incomplete. It does not include beta team offers that I was unable to join for whatever reasons.

4. Any web references.

Click my sig, feel free to check my tracks at the Auditorium in the Deadly/Evil section as they all revolve around instruments I either created in Reaktor or programmed myself. I also make my own Reaktor mods accessable here at KVR, and will soon be releasing updates of several of these.

5. Prefered synthesis method (if any).

Better to list my weakness. My least programming efficiency lies with FM and Additive synths. Doesn't mean they're beyond me, just means they take much longer to render satisfying material from.

I also absolutely LOATH sample mapping and loop handling. If you're talking about presets for sample-driven instruments, the sample maps/wave files need to be pre-existing for the most part, but in special cases(you know who you are) I am willing to do produce and map my own as well. That is my LEAST enjoyed aspect of programming.

6. Any other comments about your work you would like to present.

My synth list is relatively short mainly for the reason that I use Reaktor so much, and it would be approaching spam-levels if I actually indexed all the ensembles I use, both custom made/modified by myself, and existing ones by other creators. This is coupled with the fact that my source audio to me is not the most important aspect of a signal; it's what's done with it afterwards that I focus more on.

In Engrish: I'm an effects programmer 1st and foremost. That said, I'm reaching a point now where I am relying less on mangling tools/linear effects and leaning more towards oscillator relationships as warping tools themselves. I feel I have exhausted the application of traditional effect architectures.

7. Contact info.

For now, please use the PM feature here or at The Auditorium, where I moderate at the Deadly/Evil section:

Link
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

1. State name: Phil Garrison

2. What synths you have worked on: H.G. Fortune STS-21

3. What developers you have worked for: H.G. Fortune

4. Any web references:

5. Prefered synthesis method (if any): none

6. Any other comments about your work you would like to present: - always looking to help out with patch design!

7. Contact info: contact via links below

1. Sebo (Sebastian Cordoves).
2. I've done some drumsounds and loops for GURU users area,
presets for Red Dragon and some free patches/banks for
various synths (Triangle, Crystal, etc).
Bank patches for Roland Juno-106, Oberheim Matrix-6 & Kawai K3.
3. FXpansion, Electronicsounds.
4. Not at the moment.
5. Sustractive & FM.
6. I own & owned various analog & digital synths, I programmed them for my use,
and for musical productions I get involved in as musician and/or producer.
7. PM here at KvR.

1. Name: Jeremy Janzen
2. Synths worked on: EVE, Wusikstation, EVE ONE, Zebra2, Filterscape, Reason, Metallurgy
3. Devs: Wusik, BITR, Dash, Ugo, u-he. etc.
4. Web References: www.finalfloyd.com but a new URL and website is coming.
5. Preferred Synthesis: Sample-based... But any synthesis really.
6. Other comments: Not right now
7. Contact: Visit my website or PM me here.

btw sorry for this slight bit of OT but:
Anyone who is serious about Xphraze programming and has time in January for sound design please PM me.

1. Claude Climer

2. Okay, I'm taking this to mean any sytnhs I've actually used and programmed extensively, not necessarily just synths I've used in a professional capacity.

(a) Hardware - Waldorf Pulse, Yamaha DX100, Yamaha SY99, DSI Evolver, Roland Juno 106, Roland TB-303, Roland SH-101, Radikal Spectralis, Korg ES-1, Jomox xBase09, E-mu Proteus 2000 series (PX-7 Command Station, specifically), Clavia Nord Mod G2...just to name a few.

(b) Software - NI FM7, NI Battery, Kjaerhus Spectra, and most recently Fabfilter Twin

3. Kjaerhus Spectra (patch design), DSI (demo mp3s), Spectralis (Demo mp3s). Also, I am currently collaborating in the development of a soft-sampler.

4. www.kjaerhusaudio.com, www.davesmithinstruments.com
Also expect a personal website in the semi-near future. Note: The mp3 demos on the evolver website were created by me within the first 24 hours of owning an evolver way back when it first came out a few years ago. Those demos primarily showcase how quickly I can adapt to different systems.

5. I'm really into a lot of different types of synthesis - in general I prefer synths with a fixed or semi-fixed signal path but open modulation options. I also enjoy synths with built-in pattern and/or parameter sequencers. But as far as actual synthesis types - additive, subtractive, FM/PM, physical modelling, I dig it all.

6. I'm pretty new to the scene as it concerns doing stuff on a professional level. I am a huge synth enthusiast though, it's been my life's obsession for about the past 7 years (I'm 22 now). At this point, I'm really into doing as much work as time allows - I am also an EE student (may be switching to CE or CS though) and I have a part-time job so I am sometimes quite busy!

7. PM me, from there we can set up email, ICQ (or whichever IM client you prefer), or telephone communication.

1. State name.

James Thompson

2. What synths you have worked on?

( meaning synths i actually contributed sound design and development work to..)

Motif, Motif ES, AN200, RS7000, 02R96, O1X, DX200, Kontakt2, FM7, Arturia ARP-2600, ..

Was full time Sound designer & product developer for Yamaha R&D London for 5 years, freeelance for N.I. more recently...

4. Any web references.

www.soniccouture.com

all

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
1. State name.

S.C. Gehl, of [northernsector]

Many, many sound creating devices.. Everything from Speak & Spell, those kids books with buttons, crappy Grociery store Casio synths with those insane gritty controllable/sweepable filters.. all the way to Ensoniq Mirage, Jupiter6 (Mine is MINT!) Roland XP80, Fizmo, SP202, DX7, ASR10, ASRX, Kawai XD-5, Roland D-50, Juno-6, MicroWave, Korg DW-6000... and a few others I can't specifically remember, they belonged to friends...

My main synth now is Creamware's Modular III.

None, only fellow artists and comrades... I detest cubicle culture.

4. Any web references.

My current main project, www.myspace.com/northernsector (http://www.myspace.com/northernsector)

It completly depends on the project that I am hired for. Musically my interests are static on DarkAmbient and Power Electronics. ...so you get an idea of what I am after, client willing.

My own project I mainly use substractive synthesis with heavy matrix modulation and filter sequencing.
...but anything that makes the mdma shiver your spine.

I am always interested in collaberation, I am esp. interested in sound design for film and historical games.

I only work with Teutonic Heathens or Occult-Fascists. However, if you have an interesting idea or request, I have an open ear.

7. Contact info.

You may contact me via - AlphaVinlander gmail com

edited out.
RogerPerrin

I'm up to my old hat tricks again.

OK, one more then
1. State name.
for ya'll, just call me smoothjay

just sampling and session guitar

Eastwest, Ilio, NI, Apple

4. Any web references.
http://www.myspace.com/smoothjayjams

I like hardware

if you liked RA, Colossus, Stormdrum, EWQLSO orchestra & choir and Battery 2, I am for hire!

7. Contact info.
hit me up on myspace and we can take it from there.

peace out to all you audio heads
-s.j.

Return to “Sound Design”