ONE/Solo demo problem - now less of a problem

Official support for: muon-software.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

With great excitement I grabbed the ONE/solo demo hoping it would solve my only gripe with my much loved host (Tracktion2 / Acid support and/or decent timestretch)

Unfortunately any time I try to load an acidised wav I get a 'Fatal Error - file not loaded'

Rex work fine. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tim
Last edited by timmyo on Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HI

does the documentation say that it will read an acidized format sample?

Flipper.

Yep.

Solo uses an much older generation of the ACID loader than more recent Tachyon-powered products, but that is probably not the cause of the problem. What's most likely is that your ACIDized WAV isn't actually ACIDized at all.

There are quite a few applicatons out there that claim to be able to ACIDize a WAV file, but none of them do the job properly except Zero-X BeatQuantizer and Sony's own ACID products. There are two chunks that need to be present in a WAV file for it to be truly ACIDized - the ACID chunk and the STRC chunk. Products that don't fully comply with the spec write only the ACID chunk which contains basic data such as key and tempo. The STRC chunk contains the marker offsets that the Tachyon engine needs to slice the WAV up into segments and play back. If this chunk isn't present, Tachyon can't load the file hence the error message.

If your ACID file was created in ACID Pro 4, ACID Pro 5 or Zero-X BeatQuantizer, drop me a mail and we'll take a look at it because it ought to work just fine.

Regards
Dave

OK I grabbed a pack of free loops from a website to check ( http://www.acidplanet.com/tools/8packs/?t=1204 ) - I tried then and the first loop loads and works fine, but the others in the 8pack result in the same error. Tried a few times including reloading Solo and reloading my sequencer with the same result that only that particular file would load.

This has me a little concerned that bought 'ACID' loops may or may not work. I don't have any other ACID-enabled software (that's why I am interesed in Solo - to be able to use ACID files without spending on a fullblown new package). Is there any way to tell what commercially available ACID loop material will or won't work ?

Thanks for the help,

Tim

Since ACID moved onto version 5, they updated their chunk structures but didn't update their SDK and no further documentation has been forthcoming from Sony. So the formats output by ACID Pro 4 and ACID Pro 5 are different, but ACID Pro 5 gives an option to include "legacy" slice data and I have no idea if the 8-packs from ACID Planet were done in 4, 5, have legacy data or don't. The ACID format is complicated, so I wouldn't assume that all "ACIDized" content is going to be 100% compatible with everything.

Having said that, ONE/Solo is using an *obsolete* version of our ACID import engine. We've made considerable changes to how it works since then for ONE and so far we've not found a genuine ACID file it won't load. It also now emulates the time stretching quite well, which ONE/Solo doesn't attempt to do. In time, ONE/Solo will be updated to use all the new engine components but right now our priority is on ONE.

HTH
Dave

Fair enough, and thanks for the reply. I'll keep an eye out for an updated ONE/Solo rather than risk it for now.

Tim

OK - I borrowed an Akai Acid Samples CD and am pleased to say that all bar 2 of the samples I loaded at random worked fine so although this is only a statistical sample of one commercial Acid CD they do seem to work fine for the most part.

Tim

In the updated version and ONE (usng the new ACID import engine) there shouldn't be any such problems.

Regards
Dave

Thanks - I've tested more files and 99.9% are fine - I think I'm sold on Solo :wink:

And thanks for the prompt and thorough responses, always reassuring when you're considering a purchase, however small !

Tim

Return to “Muon Software”