WTF! - Anyone tried uninstalling T1 yet?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

(just brought T2)

I just uninstalled T1 and lost all my settings and ASIO driver associations and plugin scan etc etc..

what a pain :x

Oh yes, and apparently I'm unregistered again, ahhhhh! I hate all this bullshit..
Last edited by Mr. Tingle on Wed May 11, 2005 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

And all my library files, and all my active project have gone....(head explodes)

As I'm redoing this wouldn't it be a good idea if the user settings file contained the key mapping and colour scheme?

..and the library files..

T2 doesn't show up in the 'add remove programs' list in windows

yep, I mentioned it here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

because of some problems someone had with located plug-ins after the upgrade. You now have to totally uninstall both, and then reinstall T2. It is the only way I got things back to normal. Pretty f**ked up, hey.

and have you already moved your plug-ins? Remember that uninstalling tracktion wipes the plug-in folder :? . Because I have a few plugins that can't have their path changed and still run properly (eg-virtual creations ultraphaser), I did this- copied my plug-ins folder from T1 install to another folder, called "X". Then uninstalled T1. Then renamed "X" "Tracktion". This keeps the path the same. Then you can install T2, you just need to add tracktion/plugins to your plugin search directory in T2. It also means that if you ever need to uninstall T2, the plugins are not threatened with extinction.

Tingle wrote:And all my library files, and all my active project have gone....(head explodes)
It just closes them though, they haven't gone gone have they?

.g

no.

Pity nobody tried this at RMS headquarters :ud:

Return to “Tracktion”