How to make a music (techno) explode?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How to make an explosion in your music?
Just encrease the resonance of the synths? kill the bass and encrease the high mig/high freqs?

Add another instrument? what to do when you want put all the people to dance?

(sorry for the bad english :(

i command them to thru a vocoder - seriously.. very effective!!
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

vangaurd has an explosion preset that does the trick nicely... it's basically noise through a resonant filter.

I don't think he means literally an explosion, I think he means how to make a tune erm 'kick off' so to speak.

Well there's no hard rule, but things like filtering the entire track down over 8 or 16 bars, then quickly opening the filters as the beats start again is quite effective. Building the drums up with snare rolls, sweeping reversed cymbals etc all work. Introduce a new element or synth sequence/bassline/whatever once the beats start etc.

I think you need to picture the 'shape' of the track, you need dynamics - quiet bits and very loud bits to create movement and variation.

See, so easy to write yet so hard to do :lol: (I should listen to my own advice..)

got an example song?

o'malley wrote:Image
awesome, absolutely awesome!!!
~leave through a door.~
http://www.eretsua.com

Get some books on music composition. Or take a few courses at the community college. A little theory goes a long way.

Praline wrote:Get some books on music composition. Or take a few courses at the community college. A little theory goes a long way.
really? I have never used one bit of thoery, and that "explosion" is not to hard to do imo...just keep piling stuff on and make it climax just at the right time.

I simply employ an Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

...and, maybe just the right advice for forcing all the people to leave any dancefloor...after your song is right, you might want to add some plugins like from dfx (smartelectronix) or arcane device (like widowmaker, mangulator, dubbox and others). Not overdone (settings as little as possible with some arcdev-effects) could at least be a fine thing to experiment with.

Meffy wrote:I simply employ an Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

LFO?

Or UFO. :-)

Return to “Production Techniques”