KarmaFX Synth beta released

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's just sounding great!
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

I just put together a track using this synth. It took me a few tries to get the whole patch creation (and saving) process down. I made the lead patch about 3 times before I realized I had to save it to the bank, not just leave it as is and let FLstudio handle it.

anyhow, its a bit on the dark side, so probably not for everyone.
Thank you for this awesome tool Karmafx

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=84148

there are two instances of Karmafx synth, one choir sample adn a handful of mutilated perc loops. The Karmafx synth parts are not effected outside of the synth itself aside from a touch of delay.

karmafx wrote: sascha: Just what kind of problems did you have with "Filter Mod" ?
Hm, when I use the SVF, the mod works just fine. But when I switch to another type in the module, the filter remains static, e.g. in biquad mode. At least here.
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

Hey Sascha !
can't seem to replicate that here (what is biquad mode btw... == 2pole ??)...
I've tried this with svf, zolzer and moog..and they "seem" to work ?
can you elaborate or perhaps send me a patch ?
- Karmafx

karmafx wrote: Limita: I like the splitter idea. I would propably go for a solution where each splitter component has a lo and hi knob. What else besides hi/lo would make sense to have in such a module ?

- KarmaFX
I can't think of anything else except the note high/Low... Some people might want velocity high/low but im not really interested in it. :)

Youve got a great synth going on here I would love to do some more testing for you as soon as youve got the beta out this weekend.

I'm Also making some cool cinematic PAD patches... I love that formant filter ... One of the best ones ive heard. I don't have any web space to post them though... These pads ive been making could really be enhanced if karma could have up to 16 polyphony and a longer release on the envelope. Wait, let me formalize that...

FR(Feature requests)

1. Longer release time on the adsr (or am i missing something?)

2. 16 note poly.

3. Might as well throw this in even though i allready mentioned it.. Legato mode

Thank you for this awesome opportunity to create music with ease and flexibility!
The following statement is true.
The previous statement is false.

Bug Report: In energy xt, when you press play on the sequencer, karma automatically trigers a note and wont stop until you use up all the polyphony.
The following statement is true.
The previous statement is false.

karmafx wrote:Hey Sascha !
can't seem to replicate that here (what is biquad mode btw... == 2pole ??)...
Biquads such as Zölzer... ;)

Just checked that again: maybe it depends on the patch but when I switch the filter mode, the connection to the modulator module gets lost (red line disappears). However, the input selector of the filter module still shows e.g. modulator 1 as being connected. Only state-variable filter mode seems to work here, the others seem to get no connection from the modulator.
Maybe I have to try building new patches from scratch again, but just a minute ago my whole system stopped working: by accident, I connected the filter output to it's input... short fb loop, then BOOOM... Frozen PC, halted completely. Ouch, never seen my XP done that before... :-o
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

when wrapped with the Cakewalk VST Adaptor, karmaFX leaves white holes where the modules were when you change patches, and where the menu for changing patches was when it is dismissed.

this is in SONAR 4.

also crashes SONAR by loading New Patch...Simple Synth.

fyi. :wink:

KarmaFX: Possible Multi-Out on the FX would be so damn F*ing sweet (combined with the splitter module, etc). Just think of it.. Mmmmn. Feature Request*

*I understand you're not going to add features for awhile.. this is just a reeaaaaaaaaaalllly good one to remember and put on the list if you haven't already :D

btw. Buzz still owns. Thanks again for this great VST, I suppose the Buzz version has been tossed out? (w/ polac's great VST loader, and the trouble of maintaining/bug fixing different versions I could see why).

mute wrote:btw. Buzz still owns. Thanks again for this great VST, I suppose the Buzz version has been tossed out? (w/ polac's great VST loader, and the trouble of maintaining/bug fixing different versions I could see why).
Yes, the Buzz version has been discontinued.
Whas quite cool though at that time, since it had its own gui...something not many buzz-plugs have. Buzz was lacking stereo support though...yes its a long time ago, sure... :-)

But yes I also still like Buzz alot!

- KarmaFX

Hi,Karma!
Yr synth is great.
I have few ideas for upgrade:
1.Module name edit...
2.Max/Min note/velo for NotePitch (it can be usefull to split midi eg. for drums)
3.Osc upgrade - wider freq range, fm input.

Cheers

<LpD> wrote: 1.Module name edit...
2.Max/Min note/velo for NotePitch (it can be usefull to split midi eg. for drums)
3.Osc upgrade - wider freq range, fm input.
Great ideas...I'm all for it ! :-)
Dont know why you want module name edit though ?
2) and 3) are on my list.

- KarmaFX

xerocreep wrote:I just put together a track using this synth.
Cool ! :-)
Felt like I was traveling to a dark corner of the mind... scary stuff ;-)

- KarmaFX

Why don't more developers make such intuitive and fine soft synths with nice GUI's and nice [not too bright] colours and even better sound ;-)? I can't say thanks enough KarmaFX and can't get a nice, small, synced step sequencer module which can modulate anything out of my head, too...

Cheers.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”