KarmaFX Synth beta released

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just had a play with it :love:

so light on the cpu and so ehm modular :D

Not sure if this is a bug, but I was trying to automate things by assigning knobs to midi in ext. And whenever I moved a knobs it would kill the sound coming from it only to be retrieved by reverting to the saved file.

oi! i played with the filter and delay plugs and they are awesome :shock: . thanks again, karmafx!

i'd like to see what the reverb sounds like when it gets released. can't wait! my guess is that it's probably going to be superb as well. :)
be part of the solution, not the problem

Thanks for this excellent synth, KarmaFX.

For the fisrt time in years I felt motivated to fiddle about with synth settings - it is so intuitive in this synth.

This is also my first post to kvr - hello everyone.

Three things:
1. Portamento doesn't seem to work for me. Anyone else have this problem?
2. It would be nice to be able to do patch changes from the host instead of having to open up the synth aditor every time (I'm running energyXT as the host).
3. It would be nice to be able to resize the main window (I'm running on a laptop with 1024X768 screen res).

what about updating your filter plugin to include some of the filters that are in the synth? ;)

Wow, great sounding demos... have to try this out today for sure!

Cheers!

You know, everytime I see this thread pop up, I keep thinking it's about the 'Korg Karma' synth, which is something I have wanted since it was first announced.. :hihi:

But this one sounds really nice too! 8)

...xander wrote:You know, everytime I see this thread pop up, I keep thinking it's about the 'Korg Karma' synth, which is something I have wanted since it was first announced..
yep, i thought that too....might want to change the name, because if this ever takes off, i can't imagine korg's police not wanting to come down on it. the karma stuff is in their latest mega-whatever the oasys.

synthetique wrote:
...xander wrote:You know, everytime I see this thread pop up, I keep thinking it's about the 'Korg Karma' synth, which is something I have wanted since it was first announced..
yep, i thought that too....might want to change the name, because if this ever takes off, i can't imagine korg's police not wanting to come down on it. the karma stuff is in their latest mega-whatever the oasys.
I think it's probably tough shit for Korg. They don't own the word "Karma".

JohnVulich wrote:
synthetique wrote:
that's not how trademark law works. and they probably have some kind of a registered trademark. anyway, i don't care. ;)

synthetique wrote:
JohnVulich wrote:
synthetique wrote:
that's not how trademark law works. and they probably have some kind of a registered trademark. anyway, i don't care. ;)
Sure -- it doesn't matter. Anyway, I wasn't talking about anything like that, I merely said that it "reminded me" of the Korg Karma when I see this thread. They probably don't give a shit anyway -- two very different beasts... And this Karma is also pretty cool too! ;)

Yah, this synth looks FREAKIN COOL! But i bet korg would go after 'em. Unfortunately thats just how business works. Every large company has lawyers that look for lawsuits. Monster Cable Sued Monster garage, the disney movie "monster's inc." and some no name vintage clothing store because they had the word monster in there name.. BULLSHIT!

But anyway cant wait to try this
The following statement is true.
The previous statement is false.

This synth is the best thing ive seen in a long time! especially for free!

You will definately see a donation for this one!
I have a feature request allready!

Multipoint envelope module! PLEASE! :hyper:

Also: Can we have at least a 12 or 16 not poly max?
The following statement is true.
The previous statement is false.

LIMITAPROACHINGINFINITY wrote: Multipoint envelope module! PLEASE! :hyper:

Also: Can we have at least a 12 or 16 not poly max?
I second both of these!
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Kaspar, you've done a great job! :)

Normally, I hate such 'I can do everything for you if you only want me to'-synths because they want me to fiddle around for hours and days instead of starting to write songs with it. Yours is somehow different. Very easy to use, very logical, good & straightforward sound, low on the CPU.
But, for the future of it, please don't overdo it, function-wise. It's already enough in it for 90% of the people. Maybe the 'missing' 10% will stop 30% from using a 'modular monster'. Just fix that few bugs (e.g. I encountered problems with the Filter Mod) and you'll make a lot of people happy :)
Simplicity isn't a bad thing. My guitar's only got 6 strings but enough to show how bad I'm at it... :D

Anyway, my deepest thanks for what you've done. Think I'll be using this a lot.

Sascha
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”