KarmaFX Synth beta released

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there ! Just wanna say that I've released a beta of a modular soft synth of mine: KarmaFX Synth.

Scroll down to the bottom of this page to download (or listen to some sound samples):

http://www.karmafx.dk

This project was born back in 1998-1999 but unfortunatly was never released.
After a few requests I decided to try and finish it, so after fixing loads of small bugs and adding a few small new features... it's here!
but please remember: it is still beta :-)

Have fun and let me know what you think !

- KarmaFX

Just had a quick play....its good :)
Simple and repetive are my middle names

Just downloaeded ... I'll try it tonight... the GUI seems really really really well done!

I hope it sounds as good as the GUI looks.

ThanX a lot for it.

wtf, I love the sound examples! Gotta try this out later on. Awesome freebee!
Stefan H Singer
Musician, coder and co-founder of We made you look Web agency

your plugs have awesome gui's :-o . im d/ling all of em when i get home. :)
be part of the solution, not the problem

I posted about this in the instruments forum. I had to!
Stefan H Singer
Musician, coder and co-founder of We made you look Web agency

niiiceeee!
congrats to karma-fx
beautiful freebie

lalo

I'd say 'the next BEST thing'.
Congrats KarmaFX, with the sound of this synth you made a lot of people happy.

this is... :-o ..what I call a really neat modular synth!!!

Thank you, this is realy good. Im just fiddling with it now. You can use it as an effect as well.

Wow! If this is going to play and feel as good as the MP3s are sounding, this will be a killer thing!
Going to try it out right now!
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Sounds great, full respect for this machine! :hail: nice GUI (although it is too big for my screen at 1024/768).

Unfortunately it's crashing Logic hard (immediate return to desktop, not even an error message) on some module operations. Well, guess that's what you get for using an antique sequencer.
Apart from that, I'm majorly impressed so far.
Gonna try in SX now...

pw wrote:Sounds great, full respect for this machine! :hail: nice GUI (although it is too big for my screen at 1024/768).
PW what host are you using LIve 4.1.1 isn't giving any love .... (ps: Did you go so Salesian College in Chadstone as a teenager at all )??????

Hm... I must say I'm a bit confused by the behaviour of some patches.
Example #1: On the default patch, when I switch the Filter2 to anything else but "SVF" (even when only switching filter modes) I'm getting retriggers on note offs.
Example #2: on patch "lead3" (and some others) I'm getting infinite sounds again on note off.

Is that the expected behaviour? I'm no modular synthesis expert by any means, so I wouldn't happen to know, but some patches seem to be meant different, from what I can tell.

[some minutes later]
I seem to have detected a part of the problem now.
The ADSR module isn't working as you'd expect it to work. When you release a key, you'd expect the release parameter to kick in. But, on this module, when you release the key, it will be retriggered with the level the decay was at on note off and will then fall down according to the release time value.

If this wasn't donationware, I'd call this a bug.
Doing any patches with the release on anything but 0 will cause retriggerings by note offs.

In addition, the decay parameter isn't working as expected either - or let me better say, it doesn't allow for long decays at all. A maximum setting of 2500ms seems to be way too short for any piano/bass/whatever style sounds. Further, it doesn't sound naturally at all, it's pretty much stepping, regardless of the setting.

Hm, and just when I was about to find out how to connect a modulator, it crashed SX 3 as well...

Allright, so much for now.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”