I Want A Midi Controller For My Birthday

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not a midi keyboard but 1 of those things with all the sliders on it!

Any body know of a good one that dosent cost a lot over £100

or is any body selling a old one? (that works propley please!)

any idea's welcome

Subject

no sliders (well ... it has ONE) ... but im very happy with my x-session ... £73 from digital village ... 16 knobs and the buttons can be assigned to perform on / off type MIDI control tasks too (nice for triggering clips in live4 actually) ...

slainte :ud: rob

i've got the UC-16.. the X-session's grandpa with less features :cry: it looks almost the same but it's just a bit more rubbish. just 16 knobs. works a treat for me tho :D
Kick, punch, it's all in the mind.

haydxn wrote:i've got the UC-16.. the X-session's grandpa with less features :cry: it looks almost the same but it's just a bit more rubbish. just 16 knobs. works a treat for me tho :D
ffs ... stop posting here and GET ON WITH YOUR HOMEWORK YOU LAZY BOY !!!

slainte :x rob

djsubject,
for T2?
Forget it. T2 does not support parameter feedback, which is necessary for a decent use of an external controller.
The only possibility in T2 to have parameter feedback is to use either an expensive Mackie-Control or the Behringer BCF2k in Mackie-emulation mode. :x

will something like m audio's oxygen 8 work with tracktion alright? like assigning its knobs to vsti's and such?

miasch wrote:will something like m audio's oxygen 8 work with tracktion alright? like assigning its knobs to vsti's and such?
Mine works perfectly, as does my UC-16.. neither of which would have any use for parameter feedback btw. :roll:

Then again you could get a BCF2000. I don't know the price in the UK, but I bought one from Germany at €190.. not a big step up from £100.

don't say that! i'll end up getting one!
Kick, punch, it's all in the mind.

Barbarossa quoth
Forget it. T2 does not support parameter feedback, which is necessary for a decent use of an external controller.

There's no need for it unless you have motorised faders, or LCD readouts. That aint going to happen for under £100.

The only possibility in T2 to have parameter feedback is to use either an expensive Mackie-Control or the Behringer BCF2k in Mackie-emulation mode.

I thought you just said T2 doesnt have parameter feedback. Now you say it does. Funny that.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I just wish you could make controller presets so when switching between VSTi you could pull up your preset for that particular synth. As it stands, it isn't convenient to remap your controller in the middle of an edit to tweak a parameter. Presets would make this a whole lot better. Especially with controllers like the Oxygen8 that don't have the most userfriendly onboard patch system.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

whyterabbyt wrote:Barbarossa quoth

There's no need for it unless you have motorised faders, or LCD readouts. That aint going to happen for under £100.
Wrong, i.e. Behringer BCR2k.
The only possibility in T2 to have parameter feedback is to use either an expensive Mackie-Control or the Behringer BCF2k in Mackie-emulation mode.

I thought you just said T2 doesnt have parameter feedback. Now you say it does. Funny that.
No, not really funny, if you're not clever enough to understand what the problem is and you indirectly even defend such a nasty marketing-shit from Mackie.

sad but (probably) true. After all 1 Mackie control = 5 boxes of tracktion (gross). I would love to get a BCR2000 or a pocket dial but.....

pHz wrote:
haydxn wrote:i've got the UC-16.. the X-session's grandpa with less features :cry: it looks almost the same but it's just a bit more rubbish. just 16 knobs. works a treat for me tho :D
ffs ... stop posting here and GET ON WITH YOUR HOMEWORK YOU LAZY BOY !!!

slainte :x rob
Another fine example of lazy oppression :!:

Barbarossa quoth

Wrong, i.e. Behringer BCR2k.

Actually I was right. You're just not smart enough to work out why. The Behringer uses rotary encoders, so it needs feedback for the LED displays around the encoders. Which puts it in exactly the same category as I'd mentioned; motorised systems or those with displays.
However that's the Behringer that needs that, not Tracktion. As you've already been told, other controllers do work.

No, not really funny, if you're not clever enough to understand what the problem is and you indirectly even defend such a nasty marketing-shit from Mackie.

Actually its you who's proving himself not quite clever enough, Im afraid. Firstly for confusing the requirements of a piece of software with the reqirements of a hardware device, secondly because I understood the 'problem' in the first place, even although you dont actualy seem to, and thirdly because stating that you are incorrect, and why, has absolutely f**k all to do with anything to do with defending anything.

But you go on, enjoy the hell out of yourself with your bitter little invective. No need for facts to get in your way.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Tracktion”