Oldest Amen Track?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

2 live krew, "Feel Alright Y'all," 1987

stupid me wrote: blah blah sinead o'connor blah stretched on your grave... blah ... blah
wait, that was 'funky drummer' (jb), yeah?
I can't get my breaks right... :oops:
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

It was on a million and one forgotten hardcore white label 12"s before LTJ used it.

King of the Beats is the earliest I can think of.

Der Der Da, Der Der Da, Der Der Da...Boo Boo Kaa tic a tic a Boo kaa

I think thats how it went. :P
There are 2 rules to being a success in life: 1. Never give out all the information.

"I Desire"

Salt N Pepa

2windy wrote:Der Der Da, Der Der Da, Der Der Da...Boo Boo Kaa tic a tic a Boo kaa

I think thats how it went. :P
I can tell youre not a drummer :D

Funky Drummer:

Kick : X-X-|----|--x-|-x--
Snar : ----|X--x|-x--|X--x
HiHt : xXxX|xxxx|XxxX|xxXx

Amen is usually these 3 beats:

Kick : X---|----|xx--|----
Snar : ----|X--x|--X-|-x-x
Cymb : x-x-|x-x-|x-x-|x-x-

Kick : X-X-|----|--xx|----

Kick : X---|--X-|----|----
Snar : ----|X---|--X-|-x-x

It works best with the font "courier"
I don't know why I just worked all that out...Fun I guess :oops:

'I Should Be So Lucky' - Kylie

That's how King of the Beats goes, I was singing! :wink: That's how I sing it anyway.

Kick : X-X-|----|--x-|-x--

Actually I don't think I was far off.

Boo Boo Kaa tic a tic a Boo kaa :)
There are 2 rules to being a success in life: 1. Never give out all the information.

munchkin wrote:'I Should Be So Lucky' - Kylie
Damn you! I just listened to that whole stupid song just to find out. Man is that awful, but no Amen break to be found there. Besides it came out in 1988.

Damn, Chase only just noticed your name. That break is a damn site funkier than Amen.

shamann wrote:"I Desire"

Salt N Pepa

Interesting, the mpc 60 was released in 1988... I always thought that was the start of the sample-crazy hiphop style. Were these pre 1988 guys using s612s or 900s to sample this stuff?

shamann wrote:
Damn you! I just listened to that whole stupid song just to find out. Man is that awful, but no Amen break to be found there. Besides it came out in 1988.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, my mistake! :oops: It's in Timmy Mallet's, 'Itsy Bitsy, Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini', I'm sure. :hihi:
Last edited by munchkin on Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

shamann wrote:
:lol: :lol:

The Winstons - Amen Brother (1969 original) :shock:

http://www.oishi.com.tw/sounds/20031010/01.rm

2windy wrote:Damn, Chase only just noticed your name. That break is a damn site funkier than Amen.
???
Chase is my name. Is there a Chase Break?

Hell yeah.

From Hot Wheels (The Chase) by Badder Than Evil. Has a guitar lick running though but still funky as hell (actually makes it funkier).

Main basis of 1990 french house/breaks hit Jail Break by Paradox. Think Freestylers used it more recently?

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”