PRODUCTS

:lol:

you should try politics Dave

a simple "no I will not add any new features to One/Solo so dont ask"

would of been easier,

moving swiftly along.
Muon Software Ltd wrote:
just a request for the lack of preset browsing in your product
Preset browsing is in the full version of ONE - and in a much more integrated and intuitive way also than most other software, MicroDicer included. It doesn't exist in the cut down version of the software because of all the reasons I've already told you.
Midi File drag n drop to host
Good one, it'd be nice to have - but can it be done fully cross platform and working well in every host? nobody seems to have managed it any app I've seen so no. When designing software, you have to have a policy on this kind of feature that might not work or work well for some users and work fine for others. Our policy is not to go there - if it doesn't work for everyone it doesn't go in the box. MicroDicer has the luxury of being Windows-only, VSTi-only. We're not so lucky.
Audio slice to host
Content developers of the quality used by AMG want to control how their work is used, and since they invest their time and money in their work quite right too. AMG want to release virtual instruments because they can no longer stomach the rampant piracy of content in unprotected formats like REX etc. Its a trade off - want top notch content, have to accept conditions on how it can be used (such as, only within a special plugin). Alternatively, you could buy a product with no bundled library and do it all yourself. Not all musicians use canned loops, and there's a whole snobbery about them that I won't get into. At the end of the day, you get out your wallet for what floats your boat.
rex2 sync in place

Have you actually ever used ONE/solo??
randomize slices
Randomise slices is good, but musically useful/predictable? it's of dubious benefit if every time you play your song back it comes up with a different combination. How are you supposed to get the exact order of slices you want at a particular point in the track? you'd be better off exporting the MIDI and doing it in a predictable and repeatable way.
multiple outs
ONE has these, ONE/solo doesn't. Probably because ONE/solo is monotimbral maybe.
and it is also a beat slicer not just a player.
Well of course. But the ONE range is all about the *content* though.

Cheers
Dave

Not quite true. IF you could do MIDI file drag and drop, plus preview from the file menu easily and in a sensible way for ALL users regardless of host, then we'd do it in a heartbeat.

Regards
Dave

well that limits you somewhat it seems, by nature some hosts have more than others.

afaik the major players SX Logic Sonar all support drag and drop.

even Fruity does, XT sure does, infact I dont know any that dont, surely though that is not your problem if some hosts are less feature set than others, letting host limitations halt features is kinda odd.

:?

re:randomized slices not being able to re-create, plant and seed.
Muon Software Ltd wrote:
Not quite true. IF you could do MIDI file drag and drop, plus preview from the file menu easily and in a sensible way for ALL users regardless of host, then we'd do it in a heartbeat.

Regards
Dave

But will you be rolling out your own Muon brand generic sampler in the future?

I think there is a market for a good, mid priced sampler not limited to any specific library.

letting host limitations halt features is kinda odd
Not really. Witness the howls of anguish from Stylus RMX users - the video shows drag and drop in Logic, but for some the experience is not so smooth. I'd prefer not to have to tell people "your host sucks" even if surely some do :-)
But will you be rolling out your own Muon brand generic sampler in the future?
Good question. The Tachyon engine has taken on a bit of a life of its own this last year and we've been working flat out, night and day on Tachyon-powered products for our clients. The engine is now more than mature enough for us to deliver projects like Neutron, TachyonP, TachyonS etc. (anyone got long memories!) and you're right, there could be a role for a mid-priced full featured sampler in the market. The only problem for us is time - this thread started out as moaning that ONE had been put back again. There's other threads on the forum asking "where's KAB" - I guess if people knew about the other three Tachyon-powered projects we've been working on since May last year they'd be asking for them too.

So, the answer is I'd love to get back and do some Muon-branded products, if only our meagre development resources weren't so critically stretched!

Cheers
Dave

HI

Please tell me that this is due to hit the shelf within days - I have been waiting for 6 months :help: .

porpoise.

HI

And still the wheels turn .........

Flipper.

There's alot of customisation on the basic engine, a big, complicated GUI and a huge library. It won't be finished overnight, guys!

SOLO was just a gesture to show we were actually doing something really. The first step on a long journey. By all means compare ONE to anything when it's done. The content will be well worth at least double the price so you'll effectively being paid to have the software! Compare that to other programs with no content and they're going to come up short on anything we've tried to cover. We're not trying to make a half-cocked version of ReCycle. Just about every decent loop instrument is based on REX and/or ACID so we just use these, you have to contribute where you can make an improvement on what's out there, not do a pale imitation. Our strength are the sounds, we're not trying to replace Logic, ReCycle, or even other content-based VSTs either really. You can't be all things to all men, we want the software to be as good as we can possibily make it and our content to be more compelling than any other available options. People will prefer different styles of content or software that's more flowery which is fine. We've just gone for content and software that controls this content and your own as easily, powerfully and comprehensively with as little fuss as possible route. By all means judge us on that basis.
Cheers - Matt 8)

Return to “Muon Software”