Free or inexpensive Romplers...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there any softsynth available that would be similar (in features and samples) to a Motif, Triton or Fantom that doesn't cost a lot?

Other than Crystal, I haven't found anything free with as many options as it offers. There are plenty of VA type synths (Synth1, Superwave, Triangle, etc.) but what else do people recommend?

well, crystal is on top of the free stuff...

but don't forget Zynaddsubfx, maybe even better...(pity that it's s unstable as a vst, but in terms of sound it's the best free synth for me, almost as good as absynth...)

plugsound Free

:)

Zynaddsubfx.....that's a new one. :)

I just checked out their website--looks interesting. Just how unstable is this program? I'd like to give it a try, but not if it's gonna crash or cause other problems.

Sample tank 2 Free & Sonik synth 2 free.

look, my problem with zynaddsubfx is that smetimes it crashes in FL. It seems the developer is a master regarding synth design (it truly is amazing, I assure you) but as a vst developer he admits he's in diapers. try it, its sund is just incredible.

trappist wrote:Is there any softsynth available that would be similar (in features and samples) to a Motif, Triton or Fantom that doesn't cost a lot?
Seems like we are on a similar quest... personally I am waiting (with sweaty palms :)) for the delivery of my E-MU Proteus X. Based on reading the manual and its Proteus 2000 heritage it should be just the thing, plus it is truly inexpensive. It will only work with the bundled E-MU 0404 sound card, but I was in for an upgrade anyway. See http://www.emu.com.

When I get it up and running (hopefully sometime next week) I could write a quick note about my impressions if you are interested.

surely this is the thing youre after ...

http://www.luxonix.com/home/en/products.html?id=ravityS

slainte :? rob

Basically I think your options are:
Sampletank 2 XL,
Ravity,
Hypersonic
and Sonic synth 2.

Compared to a Motif they are all pretty cheap.

Armadillo wrote:Basically I think your options are:
Sampletank 2 XL,
Ravity,
Hypersonic
and Sonic synth 2.

Compared to a Motif they are all pretty cheap.
Add Kompakt to that list ... although if you have the money, get Sonic Synth 2 instead. I have SS1 and Kompakt and prefer the former.

Doug
Logic is a pretty flower that smells bad - Spock, in "I, Mudd"

For a good time click http://www.belindabedekovic.com/video_fl_en.htm

ive demoed the ravity and its a prety nice rompler only
32 mbs but what it loses in size it makes up in stature :)

I think Rob is right, too.
Ravity is what you're looking for - try the demo
It's a cracking vsti :D

I cant think of any sorry :\

EDIT: God Dammit.....I just realized this thread is 10 and a half years old. Why would you bump this thread ? :x

(and yes I realize I just bumped it....unintentionally. I've got to start looking at thread dates before posting. There should be an automatic lock on a thread if there is no response in a year.......)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Well have any good freebie romplers popped up in 10 years?

Return to “Instruments”