FEATURE REQUEST: Addition of a "link" output/mix knob on ApVerb

Official support for: www.apulsoft.ch
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there! I'm hoping you're doing well,

I recently bought ApVerb (which is insane, I'm totally in love with this little monster). The only gripe I have is the absence of a convenient method to tweak my output. I mean, it's awesome to have control over the wet and dry signal paths, but having a way to link them for quicker adjustments or even just a mix knob would be really useful.

PS: I don't usually use KVR so I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong place, etc.

This is absolutely the right place.
When designing the output mix part I thought about two cases: using apVerb as an insert and using it on a send bus.
On an insert I'd want the dry signal to stay the same in almost all cases and would just use the wet knob to control the volume of the reverb added.
On a send bus I usually totally mute the dry signal and then use the wet knob or the bus fader to control the level in the mix.
What is your use-case that requires linking the two knobs? I don't get it because I always only see the need to move one of the knobs at a time - if both would need to be moved, then I'd think something is off with my levels in general and would use the mixer fader or the output of the previous plugin.

Thanks for replying! Well, I experiment a lot. I usually design, arrange, mix, and master my own projects, and you can bet that a lot of knob twiddling goes into that! Sometimes I use ApVerb as an insert, and it's most often the case that I will change my dry/wet levels while I'm designing sounds or mixing. Then, I'll usually find a dry/wet proportion that I really like. The problem is that if, for any reason, I need to make this dry/wet proportion louder or quieter, there's really not a convenient or immediate way of doing that, except by messing with the two signal paths separately or reaching towards a trim plugin. It's a minor, really minor thing, perhaps I'm just not used to do it other way but I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

Return to “apulSoft”