Spire VST Filter Cutoff Crackles? Please Help! Solved! I think!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Did you try turning the volume down within spire and lowering velocity next to it ??

Digivolt wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:32 pm Did you try turning the volume down within spire and lowering velocity next to it ??
I did try that but not enough.

It was mostly the attack time on Steinberg compressor. This was set too fast, when the filter is almost closed the low frequencies would create a click, related to how the OSC happened to line up due to the random phase. There was another distortion too, which when playing with the phase revealed it was the characteristic of the sounds itself... if they happened to line up that way on random it would be that sound.

I've just heard the track in a DJ set, why it needed to be done before today... the mix is way off anyways. Oh man! back to square 1! Well not quite square 1, as it did make the selection to be played.

Audio of the section in question, clicks masked
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W11, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

Thank you for the help and everyones input. I really do appreciate it. I never thought trying to make music sound good would be this hard. It gets very emotional!
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W11, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

Return to “Instruments”