Horizen 2 - what is it?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Seen in tracktion universe 2024.
horst

Google was adamant that I wanted to search for "horizon" and not "horizen" but I eventually managed to find it.

https://thesynthfactory.com/

Looks like maybe it's one of the 3rd-party plugin developers that uses TSC's toolkit but in this case the plugin isn't available through the Tracktion website. I've never really seen any talk about the company or the synth and it's not in the KvR database.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Hi, thank you. I've tried to find but failed :( .
So, nothing official at the moment but a more or less hidden launch at the traktion universe 8)

horst

Tracktion posted a teaser about looking out for notifications this weekend, with a picture of Horizen

There's already existing abysmal disastrous software called Horizon, so one would have to change the spelling.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Release has been delayed due to some installer issues, hopefully next weekend

Wonder if this is another stripped down version of the engine like they already did with Enigma for Zero-G or the complete engine they tried to sell for some years now with synthfactory ? In the second case synthfactory would be kind of useless, seems they just could not market this thing like they wanted to.....

There are serious and very experienced devellopers behind the Horizen 2 from synthfactory with some ups and downs so lets see what this new chapter of marketing will be....

I guess issues were resolved, it's out now

tatanka wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:20 pm Wonder if this is another stripped down version of the engine like they already did with Enigma for Zero-G or the complete engine they tried to sell for some years now with synthfactory ? In the second case synthfactory would be kind of useless, seems they just could not market this thing like they wanted to.....

There are serious and very experienced devellopers behind the Horizen 2 from synthfactory with some ups and downs so lets see what this new chapter of marketing will be....
I've been keeping an eye on this one for quite a while, currently demoing it. The plugin's architecture is very similar to ultrasPhere by Sample logic. They seem to share some components. So far, I'm enjoying it!

Anyone trying this new synth??

Itinerant Ghost wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:54 am
tatanka wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:20 pm Wonder if this is another stripped down version of the engine like they already did with Enigma for Zero-G or the complete engine they tried to sell for some years now with synthfactory ? In the second case synthfactory would be kind of useless, seems they just could not market this thing like they wanted to.....

I've been keeping an eye on this one for quite a while, currently demoing it. The plugin's architecture is very similar to ultrasPhere by Sample logic. They seem to share some components. So far, I'm enjoying it!
UltraSPHERE uses some parts of the "Horizen engine ecosystem" , with some tweaks of its own - but its a 4-voice Sampler system, whereas Horizen is 4 samplers + 4 synths + 2 Audio players, so Horizen is a MUCH bigger beast.
VST/AU Developer for Hire

Return to “Tracktion”