Tonsturm releases SpinTracer - Engaging Audio Motion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQKBW_pEHtE SpinTracer Trailer

SpinTracer - Engaging Audio Motion
SpinTracer enables real-time control of sound, allowing you to move audio through three-dimensional space with your mouse movements. The integrated creative motion engine provides a dynamic layer for manipulating these sources into mesmerizing geometric patterns or random, swarm-like textures.

Product Site:
https://tonsturm.com/software/spintracer

PRICE
Take advantage of our introductory offer
UNTIL May 14, 2024
$89.00 US

(regular price: $119.00 US)

Real-Time Control
Explore the capabilities of SpinTracer's state-of-the-art physics engine that enables precise control over sound movement in a defined three-dimensional space. Users can set exact dimensions for the sound's motion, define its maximum speed, and adjust its trajectory with gravitational steering force. SpinTracer achieves an unprecedented level of fidelity in real-time Doppler effect simulation. The sound object's movement is not just an approximation but a true-to-life representation of Doppler shifts, realized in real-time.

Motion Engine
SpinTracer features an advanced motion engine. Utilize it to sculpt mesmerizing circular motion patterns for your tracks, or infuse them with organic, swarm-like textures in random mode. SpinTracer enables you to create expressive and dynamic soundscapes with unparalleled control across all three dimensions.

Up to 8 Audio Orbs
SpinTracer enables the orchestration of up to eight sound objects, which can encircle or randomly swarm around the listeners head. The incoming stereo signal is mapped across the 8 sound orb objects.

Reflections and Binaural Panning
SpinTracer elevates spatial audio realism by integrating floor reflections and binaural panning into its sophisticated Doppler engine. Initially pioneered in our DopplerPRO plugin, this technology has now been adapted for each sound orb, enabling realistic simulations of sound waves bouncing off the floor and precise spatial audio positioning.

Tutorials and Demos:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... -bh3JWSxeQ

REQUIREMENTS AND SPECS
Mac OS X 10.13+ (64-bit), 4 GB RAM, Intel CoreTM i5
Apple Silicon Ready
Windows 10 and above (64-bit), 4 GB RAM, Intel CoreTM i5
Free iLok account
iLok licensing: Machine license & USB dongle license.
Plugin Formats:
AAX Native, Audio Unit, VST, VST3.

Interesting, as a convinced user of SoundParticles which is a standalone app and not a plugin this looks like a cool alternative, I'll check it out ASAP.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:54 am Interesting, as a convinced user of SoundParticles which is a standalone app and not a plugin this looks like a cool alternative, I'll check it out ASAP.
Hey Simon, thank you! May I point out that we concentrated on creative ways to make the sound orbs move-perform with the mouse and motion behaviors. You can live perform it. We calculate groundfloor phasing. Right now it´s up to 8 sound orbs. Stereo in and Out for now.

We think it´s very rewarding to play with it and spend quite some time figuring out how to perform the Doppler effect in real time. (As it´s not a pitch shifter :-)

I haven't been so WOWed by a plugin in a long time, brilliant, great work Tilman & friends!

Experimenting live on video with the plugin SpinTracer by Tonsturm, using one of my Avenger 2 soundscapes as audio input, exploring the various features and parameters.
https://youtu.be/dc7OlAJZE-w

vs. the Demo:
full functional but time limited ? how long is it working ?

It looks interesting indeed but it really sucks when you have to give away personal information to download a demo.

I also use soundparticles a lot. I think I am covered for live interaction in this 'space' with Soundmorph Dust and perhaps Sonicplanets Creation (which is standalone only like soundparticles) https://www.sonicplanet.com/portfolio/creation/.
Last edited by sandandpaint on Fri May 03, 2024 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr.Gunjah wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:35 pm It looks interesting indeed but it really sucks when you have to give away personal information to download a demo.
That's what a burner email, fake name and a VPN is for.

These tools always sound like phase-y stereo to me. Never hear the up and down axes. It's LR panning but degraded.

Experimenting live on video with SpinTracer processing some alto- and bass flute recordings from one of my chamber music works.
https://youtu.be/SOzXsWnhKVQ

very impressive plugin
aliasing plugin owner
:?

wvshpr wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:37 am These tools always sound like phase-y stereo to me. Never hear the up and down axes. It's LR panning but degraded.
Re: phasey sound, it seems that would be inevitable given the offset delay used for some effects I saw/heard in SpinTracer videos--or is there some way to mitigate that while still offsetting as they do?

As for up and down, is it different on headphones compared to speakers?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

This looks cool. I already have the Soundparticles Panner bundle. Interested to know how this is distinct from those effects?

The biggest difference is that the Soundparticles panner plugins don't emulate the doppler effect, so you won't hear pitch changes as objects fly by. The pitch changes are very noticeable in the Spintracer demos above. Also the UI for generating movement is pretty different.

hey212 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:43 pm The biggest difference is that the Soundparticles panner plugins don't emulate the doppler effect, so you won't hear pitch changes as objects fly by. The pitch changes are very noticeable in the Spintracer demos above. Also the UI for generating movement is pretty different.
Super helpful. Thx!

Return to “Effects”