VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

...almost ready...

[not the submission]
https://soundcloud.com/zio-mau/jasf-jus ... al_sharing

I love the sound of this synth. Great job developer! :clap: :love:

My early entry for this round (I'm busy the rest of the month).

"But What Do Electric Sheep Dream Of?"

https://soundcloud.com/slugnest/but-wha ... al_sharing

13 Instances of Audible Planets Synth
All from Init

ReaEQ, ReaXComp
Dead Duck: Delay, Limiter, Filter
JS: Midi Arpeggiator, Saturation
Valhalla SuperMassive
KhS Gain
SPAN, YouLean Loudness Meter
Captain Silverpants

Nm
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Dear Dev,
can you please check whether ntdll.dll TpReleaseCleanupGroupMembers is the culprit causing the long waiting times? https://www.google.com/search?q=TpRelea ... oupMembers

Could it be that there is concurrent but blocked by mutex file access to the file system?
I watched my 20+ Instances project load, which takes easily 5 minutes in "Instance per Plugin" isolation mode.
This mode gives me 20+ instance of the BitwigPluginHost Process. I inspected them with sysinernals process viewer.

Symptom 1: Each of the processes slowely grows toward 105k memory. In the picture you can see 4 processes that have not yet reached the mark ... which btw corresponded to 4 "Plugin Host not reacting" messages in Bitwig. These messages piled up to about 10+ during loading...As soon as the process reached 105k, it seems okay and not blocking any other process ... it's fun to see that from top to bottom these processes grow slowely one by one.
105k.png
Then I jumped into one of the processes
ntdll.png
Symptom 2: You can see the three lines of WrQueue / ntdll.dll!TpReleaseCleanupGroupMembers. On a BitwigPluginHost which has not yet reached the 105k these lines somewhen go red in sysinternal process explorer and then vanish ... probably a timeout.
I got a thread stack of this, which looks like
ntdll.dll!ZwWaitForWorkViaWorkerFactory+0x14
ntdll.dll!TpReleaseCleanupGroupMembers+0x747
KERNEL32.DLL!BaseThreadInitThunk+0x14
ntdll.dll!RtlUserThreadStart+0x21

When I google for ntdll.dll!ZwWaitForWorkViaWorkerFactory second hit in my search engine says How to resolve a freeze (or deadlock) in ntdll.dll

Symptom 3: Then somehow during "composing" the memory drops down to well below 105k. But as soon as I want to open the GUI I have to wait until the respective process climbed up to 105k again.

Is there something going on in the background?
Some init process that competes for a single resource?
Could you please check.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks for continuing to look into this. I have a lead on what's wrong and hope to have a solution by the end of the day.

UPDATE: You should be able to load multiple instances UIs at once now, though they're still slow to load. New binaries available here. No other changes to the synth but the bug fix.

borgcopyeditor wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:50 pm Thanks for continuing to look into this. I have a lead on what's wrong and hope to have a solution by the end of the day.

UPDATE: You should be able to load multiple instances UIs at once now, though they're still slow to load. New binaries available here. No other changes to the synth but the bug fix.
:tu:
On my system it loads way faster! Thanks for looking into it!
I'm curious. What caused the slow loading time?

] Peter:H [ wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:03 pm
borgcopyeditor wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:50 pm Thanks for continuing to look into this. I have a lead on what's wrong and hope to have a solution by the end of the day.

Glad to hear it. Roughly, it was font handling and my not quite understanding the libraries I'm using.

borgcopyeditor wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:08 pm
] Peter:H [ wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:03 pm

Glad to hear it. Roughly, it was font handling and my not quite understanding the libraries I'm using.
Nice ... I was a minute away to write something about Fonts. I looked into one of the Threads which had immense amount of CPU-Cycles compared to the other Threads and the Stacktrace showed win32u.dll!NtGdiAddFontMemResourceEx+0x14

] Peter:H [ wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 2:14 pm Okay, close to release, Test V2 here:
Your test1 sounds really nice, enjoying it, but this one seems to be to bright and smoothness is ruined. my 2 cents only.

So there aren't any presets, or is this just the macos vst3 version?

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:14 pm So there aren't any presets, or is this just the macos vst3 version?
https://github.com/gregrecco67/Audible-Planets-Presets

You'll need to download them seperately and place them in the correct location for your OS.

Ah thx!

borgcopyeditor wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:32 pm Dev here. Thanks for your interest in the plugin! I learned about this being the challenge this month as I was squashing an embarrassing bug I introduced a few days ago: Murphy's Law, I guess. I've pushed a new version here

That should at least allow you to select different waveshaper function types and different compressor types on the Effects page. I'm sorry to hear about UI issues in Bitwig. I've been testing with Logic, Live, and Reaper. In the DAWs I'm familiar with, it's always possible to run the plugin without the GUI window running once you've set it up how you'd like. This might be a good idea if you're running multiple instances at once.

Best of luck.

EDIT: Also, feel free to report any issues here and if I can fix them quickly, I'll try to do so!
About this synth - I install normaly,found no any Presets into it,downloaded and pasted in the right folder,but Audible Planet /version last you give just here/ - not found.I asked AI and it found mistake in the code/was <state>,but AI changed to </param>/. And adviced me to restart synth. After restart again fields for Preset was empty although I tried with only one repaired Preset - this :Ain't it sweet 2.xml
For Win 10 64 bit and FLS 21 is this.

So,no any Presets ...what must I do? :phones:

loord wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:51 pm So,no any Presets ...what must I do? :phones:
Not sure what to tell you. If you are able to see the first preset in the synth, I'd check the folder location to make sure you downloaded all the files and not just one. Also, try saving presets of your own and see if they can be recalled.

Return to “Instruments”