Fader Hub Questions

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have three questions

1. Is it necessary/best that each participant in a jam session (from different locations) send on a different port or should everyone send on the same port.

2. In the standalone app (PC based) I can open the Audio/MIDI preference and make a configuration that applies to my interface configuration. When I run the VST3 in my DAW (Studio One Pro 6.x) I have no such ability. Why? How am I supposed to accomplish in the VST3 what I can accomplish in the standalone app with regard to Audio/MIDI preferences?

3. Is there any performance gain by being sure that any hub between my router and the computer be gigabit? Do CAT6 cables in that chain perform better/more reliable?

Thank you for your message. Please find our answers and comments below:
1. Each participant indeed need a license for the app/plug-in to participate in a jam session. It is also possible to use the demo version to try it out.
2. The plug-in communicates with the host application thru the plug-in audio I/O (the plug-in provides a stereo input and a stereo side chain input). So there is no reason to choose the audio interface and audio routing, as it is all done in the host application.
3. Gigabit ethernet is indeed faster than 10/100, so you probably want to use a full gigabit network when available. But it is not a strict requirement, especially if you play thru the Internet where the bottleneck is. You can try "as is" and if there is any problem try to shorten the connection to your router.

I hope this helps!

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”