Matching Loops to tempo in bitwig

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi how are you guys doing normally when i add a beat to a daw , for example a 90bpm beat to a 70bpm tempo it puts that beat in time in bitwig it’s playing it back slow if i change the settings to raw it’s not set to the grid please help , trying this program out to do some acoustic guitar recording and this one thing is annoying me never know this to happen in any other daw cheers

can bitwig audition sounds ? i can’t hear the output cheers

dartfordyes wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:04 pm hi how are you guys doing normally when i add a beat to a daw , for example a 90bpm beat to a 70bpm tempo it puts that beat in time in bitwig it’s playing it back slow if i change the settings to raw it’s not set to the grid please help , trying this program out to do some acoustic guitar recording and this one thing is annoying me never know this to happen in any other daw cheers
On the left hand side there is an inspector, you can change the stretch mode there. There are numerous algorithms to choose from. Raw won't set it to the grid, you're right, that is to be expected. And yes a 90bpm beat will play back slower in a 70bpm session, but not super slow. I would double check that it detected the tempo correctly, if it detected it as 180bpm rather than 90 bpm it might slow way down? Look in the inspector under "Audio Event" for the "tempo" and change that to 90bpm if it's not already. You can also manually adjust the stretch the size of a clip by holding Option (alt) and dragging the clip to the size you want. So if it's at 4 bars you and want it at 2 bars, drag and adjust to taste.

And yes you should be able to preview samples in the browser, check the settings on the bottom right and click the little speaker icon, make sure the cue/preview is coming out of the same outputs as your main speaker. It may be going out of headphones or something.

thanks man i got bitwig essentials so just getting used to it i really love it ( but sometimes the manual doesn’t have eveything as you need it cheers

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”