Let‘s speculate about 5.3

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just parking this here.

Great update to the previous thread.

They're gonna have to add MIDI comping, right? ...couldn't resist

On a side tangent (and in the spirit of KVR) why TF did they have to go reinvent audio comping? When it comes to such feature, just keep it conventional ffs like Cubase, Protools, etc. ...I loathe the way Bitwig incorporated it, and I'd been requesting it for years :( huge bummer. Alright, have a nice day every one

I Speculate no MIDI comping,no video track,no slicing audio in the Sampler,no skin support,no Audio to MIDI converter
So it can be inferred at once that what is coming is reverb+!

forever880days wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:08 am So it can be inferred at once that what is coming is reverb+!
There will always be new devices, it's obvious that different developers are working on different aspects of the program. And this makes sense, as device development can be done continuously without interfering with bigger refactors or other core changes.

everything from here https://docs.helio.fm/tips-and-tricks.html especially the Sound probe tool

In my opinion, they will rewrite the dashboard because, why not?
Last edited by xbitz on Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Dionysos wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:18 am
forever880days wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:08 am So it can be inferred at once that what is coming is reverb+!
There will always be new devices, it's obvious that different developers are working on different aspects of the program. And this makes sense, as device development can be done continuously without interfering with bigger refactors or other core changes.
But the goal of daw should not be plug-ins, but more functions, right?
Maybe one day we can load bitwig vst (clap) in other daws like reason?

forever880days wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:57 am
Dionysos wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:18 am
But the goal of daw should not be plug-ins, but more functions, right?
Maybe one day we can load bitwig vst (clap) in other daws like reason?
I suspect quite a few people are using Bitwig this way (for sound design with the grid, voice stacking, modulation etc) and I also think its a great idea (and would generate revenue for Bitwig Devs). I use Reason Rack often, Reason as a DAW not so much...I bought it for the Rack.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

forever880days wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:57 am But the goal of daw should not be plug-ins, but more functions, right?
I think there needs to be a balance. But like Live, using Bitwig is better when you can use native devices as they're displayed & controllable completely from the device panel. This sort of design would be quite pointless if all you could use were 3rd party devices.

Dionysos wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:26 am
forever880days wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:57 am But the goal of daw should not be plug-ins, but more functions, right?
I think there needs to be a balance. But like Live, using Bitwig is better when you can use native devices as they're displayed & controllable completely from the device panel. This sort of design would be quite pointless if all you could use were 3rd party devices.
Yes, but live already has a complete community and m4l, which is almost equivalent to having unlimited plug-ins. Developers will naturally invest more in product functions.

The goal of a DAW is what the developers want it to be. Bitwig always adds some new devices and/or grid modules. They also add some core functions and some workflow stuff as well. Every update is like that.

I guarantee that 5.3 will also have some new devices and/or grid modules as well.

A DSP developer is a different skillset than someone who would be working on core functions of a DAW. I don't see why both can't be developed at the same time.

Personally, I really like the + effects and the spectral suite. That's definitely part of the value for me and I'd like to see more devices.

A couple more modulations and some other lip service additions

There will be no 5.3 they skip and release version 6.

My Prediction:
- Grid Plus (build your own devices)
- Pianoroll improvements (scale Assistent)
- Ara 2
- Themes

People who are asking for midi comping. If they want to implement this feature they have to rewrite and improve the arranger.
audio comping was easier to add because of the second window. A second window wont work well with midi comping. It would be to cluttered to look at.

spoontechnique wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:37 am A DSP developer is a different skillset than someone who would be working on core functions of a DAW. I don't see why both can't be developed at the same time.

Personally, I really like the + effects and the spectral suite. That's definitely part of the value for me and I'd like to see more devices.
Bitwig has been doing some excellent DSP in the last year or two. The new filters in 5.1 are unique and sound good. I use them all the time. Bite was a fine osc addition.

When they first released the Grid, the sound modules were pretty generic. But the newer modules have been solid and plenty of character.

I welcome more grid modules and new devices.

Return to “Bitwig”