PRODUCTS

Bitwig 5.2 - What's new
Changelog

- new Compressor+
- 3 new EQ's (Focus, Sculpt, Tilt)
- "Precision Editing"
- new graphics engine
- and much more... :hihi:
Last edited by kinkajou on Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

undo for plugins finally, and of course subscription ran out on the 21th.

sweet!

raidoh wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:49 pm undo for plugins finally, and of course subscription ran out on the 21th.
As always, email them and ask nicely :)

raidoh wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:49 pm undo for plugins finally, and of course subscription ran out on the 21th.
My subscription ended in November 2023. And up to today I still can download all updates. Am running presently 5.1.8. As far as I can see it's valid for all 5.x updates and I expect to be valid for 5.2. I do not see why another, point 2, release would need a new subscription when all .1 releases didn't.

mevla wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:13 pm
My subscription ended in November 2023. And up to today I still can download all updates. Am running presently 5.1.8. As far as I can see it's valid for all 5.x updates and I expect to be valid for 5.2. I do not see why another, point 2, release would need a new subscription when all .1 releases didn't.
Will I get bug fix updates after my Upgrade Plan has expired?

Yes, all minor updates will be available to you until the next major update. So if you are on version 3.1 when your plan expires, you will be able to download and use 3.1.1, 3.1.2, etc. Version 3.2 will be unavailable until you renew your Upgrade Plan.

kinkajou wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:39 pm - new Compressor+
- 3 new EQ's (Focus, Sculpt, Tilt)
- "Precision Editing"
- new graphics engine
Always worth reading the fineprint, notable changes for me include:

- A new clipper called "Over"
- Better beat detection with the ability to reliably warp long audio files to the grid…
- … or tempo-match the project to an audio file (I've been waiting for this one! :love: )
- Undo for plugins

Can't wait to give it a try and see how the editing updates feel.

Honestely I really don´t have an opinion until now whether I should be happy with this update or not...

I am quite sad to see that Bitwig´s main focus remains on making plugins, plugins and even more plugins as if there would be no tomorrow...
I don´t think I will get ever used to a me very inconsistent keyboard shortcut madness to select/ edit clips...

The new grahics engine might be a biggie though...

After all I think I am more on the disappointed side ... if my update cycle would have ended already, I wouldn´t renew it for this features for sure...

I'll be happy to have undo for plugins -- I don't know how many times I've acted as if it's already there and wound up accidentally removing devices or something.

The graphics update looks nice and I know some people have complained about the rendering efficiency before. This is probably something where there was a ton of work behind it.

I'm also glad to see a shift register module for the grid -- it's not an everyday thing for sure but every once in a while can be nice to have them. Crossovers could be handy too.

Maybe some of the new devices will be a bit useful. There are probably creative things that could be done with Over. But overall, it's a 5.2, not a 6.0, no matter how much hype forums users might have built up in their minds...

I found my post here dated April 2014, asking for a 3rd party plugin undo. Better late than never.
It's easy if you know how

foosnark wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:35 pm But overall, it's a 5.2, not a 6.0, no matter how much hype forums users might have built up in their minds...
Exactly but instead of a bunch of plugins on a point release I would have expected more workflow enhancements and leave the new plugins to the major version.

On my system the GUI does feel a lot more reponsive. Maybe even looks a bit sharper?

Dionysos wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:30 pm
Always worth reading the fineprint, notable changes for me include:

- A new clipper called "Over"
- Better beat detection with the ability to reliably warp long audio files to the grid…
- … or tempo-match the project to an audio file (I've been waiting for this one! :love: )
- Undo for plugins

Can't wait to give it a try and see how the editing updates feel.
Tempo matching a project to an audio file is a big deal for me. I sure hope it works well!

duanosforde wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:46 pm On my system the GUI does feel a lot more reponsive. Maybe even looks a bit sharper?
It does look sharper in places...

foosnark wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:35 pm
I'm also glad to see a shift register module for the grid
What does a Shift Register do?

Return to “Bitwig”