Beta Testing of Bitwig Studio 5.2

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pdxindy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:54 pm
coroknight wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:59 pm The new devices sound pretty good imo, and I’m glad they finally shipped the gpu update. Hopefully now they can focus on other things.
Well... not shipped yet... just Beta 1. With such a core change, I suspect there will be a fair number of bugs and that the beta period will be on the longer side.
Was this really a necessary comment? No shit it's still in beta, anyone with more than two braincells should have understood what I meant.

coroknight wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:58 pm
coroknight wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:59 pm The new devices sound pretty good imo, and I’m glad they finally shipped the gpu update. Hopefully now they can focus on other things.
Well... not shipped yet... just Beta 1. With such a core change, I suspect there will be a fair number of bugs and that the beta period will be on the longer side.
Was this really a necessary comment? No shit it's still in beta, anyone with more than two braincells should have understood what I meant.
As much as I try (and I really did and I am not his fan at all) I am finding it hard to find anything wrong in his comment. You can't dictate how people should react to your stuff at public forums. I think you need a break for a day.

kmonkey wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:22 pm
coroknight wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:58 pm
As much as I try (and I really did and I am not his fan at all) I am finding it hard to find anything wrong in his comment. You can't dictate how people should react to your stuff at public forums. I think you need a break for a day.
Nah, im going to keep calling out annoying, overly pedantic behavior. I can’t dictate how people act, but i can make it unpleasant for them, even in a small way. Cheers.

coroknight wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:58 pm Was this really a necessary comment?
Absolutely... you're just not smart enough to realize it :hihi:

Well, so much for the idea that Live 12 might light a fire under them... this is, like, really underwhelming.

shatteredmindofbob wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:32 pm Well, so much for the idea that Live 12 might light a fire under them... this is, like, really underwhelming.
well, live updates from 11 to 12 and its not like bitwig did a major update from 5 to 6. so what did do you expect? (honest question)

Since I read they recoded the graphic side I hope its now possible to implement skins soon

Tendou wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:01 pm
shatteredmindofbob wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:32 pm Well, so much for the idea that Live 12 might light a fire under them... this is, like, really underwhelming.
well, live updates from 11 to 12 and its not like bitwig did a major update from 5 to 6. so what did do you expect? (honest question)

Since I read they recoded the graphic side I hope its now possible to implement skins soon
Like most, I keep hoping for some piano roll improvements and retrospective MIDI.

Instead, I get yet another compressor. Yay, I guess?

shatteredmindofbob wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm
Tendou wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:01 pm

Like most, I keep hoping for some piano roll improvements and retrospective MIDI.

Instead, I get yet another compressor. Yay, I guess?
I think its pretty good to get something throughout the year than getting nothing.
Major version updates are major which is good and so Im thankfull for little „free“ updates. I mean the past tells us that in every daw major version updates can be underwhelming as well.
So personally Im happy to get little things and improvements once a while

This update would be amazing to me if it was sandwiched between the top 3 bitwish requests. Arrow key micro adjust, and plugin undo are useful to me.

I hope to get a good piano roll update soon on v9, I just want 12 more grid/polymer characters to select and a Super EQ+++ to surpass my eq needs.
:borg: :borg: Furnace // Renoise // Ableton // Reaper :borg: :borg:

Plugin undo is a great feature I was looking foreword to after using Live. Rendering updates also nice, I'm however somewhat surprised that's not how it works already. The rest, eh, not really all that important. Might have to demo, probably not enough to get me to actually buy an upgrade plan.

yepp, the story would get interesting if U-he's synths moved into those little black boxes in the device bar as native devices, and the effects went up into the Grid
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

coroknight wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:27 pm Nah, im going to keep calling out annoying, overly pedantic behavior. I can’t dictate how people act, but i can make it unpleasant for them, even in a small way. Cheers.
It seems fairly obvious to me that you simply just didn't get what he meant, so his comment seemed stupid to you even though you've been the stupid one instead. :shrug:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

WTF??? It just went from 5.1 to 5.2 and added a whole lot more than a new comp... next time perhaps you should keep reading the changelog after the first bullet-point... ?

edit: grammar
Last edited by jens on Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Tendou wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:25 pm Major version updates are major which is good and so Im thankfull for little „free“ updates.
It's not really free though, is it? It's a couple of months - probably half a year - of a paid year. So in a way you could say this one costs about 85€.

Major vs point releases are really relatively insignificant when it comes to Bitwig - especially as compared with DAWs which have more conventional ways of collecting development-payments.

jens wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:12 pm
Tendou wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:25 pm Major version updates are major which is good and so Im thankfull for little „free“ updates.
It's not really free though, is it? It's a couple of months - probably half a year - of a paid year. So in a way you could say this one costs about 85€.

Major vs point releases are really relatively insignificant when it comes to Bitwig - especially as compared with DAWs which have more conventional ways of collecting development-payments.
thats why a wrote „“. different business models of companies but probably there is a reason for them why they named it 5.2 and not 6.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”