[FR]: Replace Audio Sequence / Loop etc

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Great app. I’m just trying it out to replace as my sequencer for Reason (using Reason Rack VST instead)

It’d be really useful if we could entirely replace a clip on the matrix / timeline by dragging on a new clip or just selecting one in the browser with “auto load” checked

Specifically I’m referring to eg say I have a drum
loop loaded as an Audio Sequence , I’d like to select it then choose another loop in the browser and have it replace that selected clip with a new Audio Sequence (and therefore also any linked clips)

Whilst I appreciate there’s some loading time to slice it up, it would allow me to quickly swap out the loop for something else

I often want to audition samples in-situ like this

Within an audio sequence itself, it would be useful to be able to use the left/right sample selector to replace the whole audio sequence with a new one from the next sample in the folder etc

For a pitched sample it would also replace the midi notes when dragging / selecting it over the existing clip etc

Basically the idea is we can swap out a loop, sample replace any related midi notes (if it’s a pitched sample), but keep all the rack fx etc

In fact the option to keep the midi notes and swap the main loop sample can also be useful sometimes

Just some ideas anyway
Thanks
J

A couple of other observations:

1) If I drag a sequence clip over another one, the new one gets stacked behind the current. I'd expect it to appear on top or alternatively not allow me to drag it on top of the other one at all (unless I choose "replace" with a key modifier whilst dragging?)
https://youtu.be/_wQmbVJYWCo

2) If i drag a new clip onto a new matrix column, and I say I want to update the target module, it creates a new Rack and assigns the track to it. I guess it would be useful to have an option to replace the old Rack entirely
https://youtu.be/Ie_M77vlHW0

thanks

Return to “MUTOOLS”