Do you know anyone that woke up and turned there life around ?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow, OK so BONES is on this thread... Don't fret he just says the opposite of what anyone else states just to be contrary. Doesn't have to make sense at all can't figure out what his motivation is for all the crap...

He was telling me a year ago how all tracker music was complete garbage have you heard some of his?!!! NovaKrull or whatever... I was in the middle of a tracker tune at the time so I inserted a couple vocal hits with BONES in mind... This was done in a 23 year-old tracker no VSTs just samples & internal synth...

This one's for BONES-

https://soundcloud.com/waxing-and-waning/pulp-friction

when did art become so adversarial?

I am trying to do it now.. a semi functioning heroin addict for 20 years on and off.. stopped completely a few years ago but only now am I trying to change.. i have stopped smoking, only drank a couple of times this year and go to the gym twice a week and go on long walks when possible.. saving up as I want to completely change my life in a couple of years and live somewhere new. You can change at any time I hope. I am 46.
My favourite author Jose Saramago published his first novel in his mid fifties and went on to be a giant of 20th century literature.. you can do it if you want to but when you are older it all revolves around energy, getting the mind and body as healthy as possible. I was not a gym type person at all in my mind but I am going to the gym - I want to get fit. I need to get mentally fit too - being on a forum is a sign to me I am slipping!

I was in Ireland, I think in Cork about 10 years ago and a guy sat next to me at lunch as it was really busy in the place and we didn't speak for ages but he obviously wanted to chat and started telling me he was an Australian but in Ireland going around all the places his Mother had lived but he had never seen. He started giving me this amazing motivational speech saying he never followed his dreams but when he was 60 or so he decided he was going to be a director.. he ended up directing all sorts of adverts and music videos and was moderately successful but very happy he had pushed himself to live the life he wanted after working a job he didn't like most of his life - he was 70 or so by then but still had a real energy about him, he kept telling me not to ever let anyone tell you what you can and can't do - I still think back to it.

dartfordyes wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:21 am Hi there everyone ,i wonder do you or did you know someone who had wasted there life for a long time, but then finally made the decision to change and better there life ?
and i dont mean just famous late bloomers ,lists that i can easily find online i mean ,is there someone who we don’t know ? or maybe someone you know ? i’m 44 now and the last 3 years mentally and physically i have been lost and i’ve started losing hope , is it time to accept fate and live a somewhat normal life? or is it possible to turn a negative life around , share stories if you can cheers people .

EDIT : i’m not just talking about making it in the music industry im
talking about going from the gutter or being a layabout to working towards a goal achieving something doesn’t matter if they become ed sheeran or gordon ramsey , did they get a business , did they get a house a well paid job they wanted live a happy life etc .
My best friend qualifies.
He was a "rat-race" achiever, having is own recruitment company and was an expert paraglider (paragliding everyday week and weekends).
One day he had an accident of paragliding (the serious type, he lost 2 cm of height to give you an idea of the impact).
For 6 months he tried to manage his health issues and his company.
Until he was informed he had a testicles cancer (possibly also due to his accident).
Then (after recovery), he sent everything to hell, sold everything, left his big city to go live in a small small place in a very remote place in France (after he joined the place with his wife, it was a town of 10 souls). Then he started a small business around "bio" beer and honey...
Last time I saw him he was living with 500 euros a month, cultivating most of his food, and trading the rest with his neighbours...

pizzatime1 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:40 pm I am trying to do it now.. a semi functioning heroin addict for 20 years on and off.. stopped completely a few years ago but only now am I trying to change..
:)
well done.
never been a heroin addict myself, but many years ago, worked with many, through two charities.
we did a lot of work helping find people rehab, if that's what they wanted. while not everyone was successful first time around, those who really wanted it, did it in the end.
it's a long hard road, but you can get there, one day at a time.

i wish you the best on your journey.

pizzatime1 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:40 pm I am trying to do it now.. a semi functioning heroin addict for 20 years on and off.. stopped completely a few years ago but only now am I trying to change.. i have stopped smoking, only drank a couple of times this year and go to the gym twice a week and go on long walks when possible.. saving up as I want to completely change my life in a couple of years and live somewhere new. You can change at any time I hope. I am 46.
My favourite author Jose Saramago published his first novel in his mid fifties and went on to be a giant of 20th century literature.. you can do it if you want to but when you are older it all revolves around energy, getting the mind and body as healthy as possible. I was not a gym type person at all in my mind but I am going to the gym - I want to get fit. I need to get mentally fit too - being on a forum is a sign to me I am slipping!

I was in Ireland, I think in Cork about 10 years ago and a guy sat next to me at lunch as it was really busy in the place and we didn't speak for ages but he obviously wanted to chat and started telling me he was an Australian but in Ireland going around all the places his Mother had lived but he had never seen. He started giving me this amazing motivational speech saying he never followed his dreams but when he was 60 or so he decided he was going to be a director.. he ended up directing all sorts of adverts and music videos and was moderately successful but very happy he had pushed himself to live the life he wanted after working a job he didn't like most of his life - he was 70 or so by then but still had a real energy about him, he kept telling me not to ever let anyone tell you what you can and can't do - I still think back to it.
Good one mate. All the best for you...

vurt wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:50 pm
pizzatime1 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:40 pm I am trying to do it now.. a semi functioning heroin addict for 20 years on and off.. stopped completely a few years ago but only now am I trying to change..
:)
well done.
never been a heroin addict myself, but many years ago, worked with many, through two charities.
we did a lot of work helping find people rehab, if that's what they wanted. while not everyone was successful first time around, those who really wanted it, did it in the end.
it's a long hard road, but you can get there, one day at a time.

i wish you the best on your journey.
Yes, it is really tough - I never fell too far although it was pretty grim at times but I am lucky, I was never really in danger of being homeless or anything just of completely wasting my life and hurting people around me. Anyway all good now and thanks!

Jac459 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:50 pm
pizzatime1 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:40 pm I am trying to do it now.. a semi functioning heroin addict for 20 years on and off.. stopped completely a few years ago but only now am I trying to change.. i have stopped smoking, only drank a couple of times this year and go to the gym twice a week and go on long walks when possible.. saving up as I want to completely change my life in a couple of years and live somewhere new. You can change at any time I hope. I am 46.

Good one mate. All the best for you...
Cheers!

It's possible to make significant changes in your life if you want or need to.
It really helps having people who care for you and believe in you to help through the hard times, as well as some kind of spiritual awareness/practice.

I managed to kick some very unhealthy habits in my 20s.
In my 30s I started writing and recording music of my own after only playing other people's music.
After feeling directionless career-wise I made some changes in my mid-40s that put me on a solid career path.

I also overcame a lifetime of shyness and social anxiety to the point where I feel mostly OK being with people. I met two of the most significant people in my life (my wife, and a former boss who's become a truly dear soul friend) precisely at moments when I consciously decided NOT to give in to my fear or anxiety, and instead put myself out there as I really am.

Nothing dramatic and I'm a nobody, but if monkey-minded-me can do it, anyone can!

Like this track
Has some 70tis psychedelic vibes in it and reminds me of some soft erotic movies of that age I was forbidden to watch :hihi:

eLawnMust wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:08 pm Wow, OK so BONES is on this thread... Don't fret he just says the opposite of what anyone else states just to be contrary. Doesn't have to make sense at all can't figure out what his motivation is for all the crap...

He was telling me a year ago how all tracker music was complete garbage have you heard some of his?!!! NovaKrull or whatever... I was in the middle of a tracker tune at the time so I inserted a couple vocal hits with BONES in mind... This was done in a 23 year-old tracker no VSTs just samples & internal synth...

This one's for BONES-

https://soundcloud.com/waxing-and-waning/pulp-friction

Thanks... it turned out well especially for being a 'garbage tracker tune' that apparently according to BONES were 'All Terrible' (from thread a year ago)... Here's another more recent I did in same tiny tracker that was ported from DOS, BTW there's only unified stereo in AXS, no panning except for delay-

https://alonetone.com/TalkOrBell/tracks/axs-jazzmonger

Not on soundcloud as that account I closed well over a year ago they just refuse to delete it as asked>>>

no, i don't personally know anyone like that
one who hit rock bottom and got up and kept getting up
we moved a lot
i suppose some of those people i hang out with were delinquents
i don't know what happened to them
we moved and didn't get to witness the end resuts

nonpersonally, i know "of" david bowie
he was kind of a flop for almost a decade
his song, a space oddity, turned everything around
he started getting good at songwriting
but then he started doing heavy drugs and hit rock bottom
pulled himself out of that too
did the "berlin trilogy" albums

a real hero, that guy
he's dead
but damn, he lingers
he's part of my mp3 collection forever
well, at least, if i manage, to steal elon musk's immortality pills
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

oh yeah, roy batty qualifies too
he was at the bootom, doing menial jobs, a slave
wasn't happy with having a two year life span
tried to get more life

oh wait, the guy failed
well, that's not a realistic end result for a guy like roy batty
he was "too capable"
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

Turning your life around from being garbage takes months or years of hard work with strain, not an overnight thing.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Everything takes years. Just make a little bit of progress every day. If you have a setback, get back on track immediately and make sure you don't spiral.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”