Request: Blacklisting individual plug-in files.

The KVR Studio Manager Public Beta
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you for developing KSM. It's off to a great start and already a tool I'm using regularly, but a feature update I'd like to see is the ability to prevent it from scanning certain files.

Good examples are "shell" plugins like WaveShells which always tend to be in a permanent state of versioning flux or Presonus AU/VST Shell, but also older versions of plugins that will probably never see another future update and are only kept for project compatibility reasons. Even if a newer v2 version exists in the same folder they're still being permanently flagged as out-of-date. I'd love to just skip them altogether during the scanning process.

You can hide them (right click).
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

wangeroge wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:52 am You can hide them (right click).
That doesn't change the KVR Newer tab value though, so it still looks like there's tons of plugins needing to be updated.

I guess you could move the plugins you dont want to be scanned into a separate folder and the location to your DAW startup scan (obv not to KVR).
Bit of a workaround but it would probably do the job!

Tronam wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:34 am
wangeroge wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:52 am You can hide them (right click).
That doesn't change the KVR Newer tab value though, so it still looks like there's tons of plugins needing to be updated.
True. That would be better.
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

Return to “KVR Studio Manager”