Why UAD is permanently on sale?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After opening and reading Plugin Boutique marketing emails for about a month I've noticed that UAD products are ALWAYS on sale. Permanently. No matter what "Developer Focus" promo they are running at the time, there is ALWAYS UAD promo running along the way. With ~20-50% discount.

Is this some kind of marketing trick? I mean setting MSRP above the price people are willing to buy and then run constant promos, or are their plugins aren't really worth it?

Market is saturated. Every day is Black Friday now. Plus many Plugins are available elsewhere, like Softube, Brainworx at Plugin-Alliance etc. Also many programmers have started their own companys. Like Fuse Audio Labs, who coded UA Plugins..

cliffton wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:47 pm Market is saturated. Every day is Black Friday now. Plus many Plugins are available elsewhere, like Softube, Brainworx at Plugin-Alliance etc. Also many programmers have started their own companys. Like Fuse Audio Labs, who coded UA Plugins..
Really? I knew UA was outsourcing some stuff but didn't know it was Fuse Audio. They are making some good stuff.

Yes, Raimund Dratwa. Not all Plugins, but some. He was also involved in Brainworx and NEOLD aswell as Black Box Analog Design and others plugins

However for UAD i just think, the days where you can ask 299$ for a Plugin are over.. its more 29.99 now ;-)

There's more money in selling 100 cheap bundles to hobbyists and semiprofessionals than there is in selling 5 full price ones to professionals. At least in the short term, which is all any company cares about nowadays.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

cliffton wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:47 pm Market is saturated. Every day is Black Friday now. Plus many Plugins are available elsewhere, like Softube, Brainworx at Plugin-Alliance etc. Also many programmers have started their own companys. Like Fuse Audio Labs, who coded UA Plugins..
A big part of it is also that their software has always been overpriced. They had a captive market, so it worked, but processors are so fast now that there’s generally little need for a DSP device. I think they’re smart in doing guitar pedals and native plugins, but they had to make them competitively priced, so here we are.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

That is true. Also for every Plugin these days we have atleast 5 Alternatives.

that's not how you spell at least
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

what does uad stand for

unavoidable avoidance disadvantage?

i'm just guessing

and plus, i'm just jokin', man

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”