Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A few quick bug fixes:

Code: Select all

- Bugs: Fixed mixer hiding vol/pan/meter other than the final ones
- Mixer: Add details to meter and volume plugins
- Bugs: Fixed freeze point being able to be added to master track
- Bugs: Fixed dragging a preset from browser to track doesn't set preset name in plugin
- Bugs: Fixed clicking on tempo readout in transport bar not selecting current tempo
- UI: Added an option to use any key for tap tempo entry
- Bugs: Fixed note length menu not working MIDI editor
- Bugs: Fixed Micro Sampler creating broken presets
- Bugs: Fixed broken remove silence
- Bugs: Fixed saving plugin thumbnails for plugins with special characters in their names
- Bugs: Fixed glitches redrawing MIDI clips in drum grid mode
- Bugs: Fixed redrawing MIDI clips when drum grid mode toggled
- Bugs: Fixed dragging from browser resulting in negative clip times

It's mind-blowing! Version 13 becomes, in all likelihood, a new respawn point, like 11.0.1 (!)
It's incredibly exciting :love:

FigBug,I would like to ask you if there is any way to put your font file in the settings folder so that the program always sees it? Bypassing the need to install it in the system.

And the second question, probably as wild as the noise of automation, is the program's language file, I basically registered on the wiki site many years ago, I had a translation for my language ready by 80%, but updating the version to 11 showed that each version changes the contents of the English version, in addition, there is purely linguistic difficulties in the interaction of translation and the interface, the meanings of some words from different parts of the interface are taken from the same meaning, but they are different functions in meaning, being called the same in English. I did not check the latest version, but I remember for sure, in version 12.0 I last tried to translate and was faced with the fact that in the project browser window I could not translate everything, some names were simply missing, but on the contrary, the project save folders began to use translation, although I was not going to translate them for the correct operation of the file managers. Put it in the queue, I beg you, at least to begin with, the division of translations by program version, like the names of keys, each version has its own version of the language translation.
цвет волшебства

Are there any plans to include a Cmajor DLL so that Cmajor plugins can be run natively? Waveform seems to think that there should be one as it has a line in the logfile that says it can't find one.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:23 pm Are there any plans to include a Cmajor DLL so that Cmajor plugins can be run natively? Waveform seems to think that there should be one as it has a line in the logfile that says it can't find one.
Yes, a lot of the cmajor stuff is still in flux, but getting it all updated is currently in progress. Probably not the next build, but sooner than later.

What are you guys feeling about CLAP support?

I'm not too excited either way (sheesh, MORE new plugins to get), but I understand there's a lot of mixed feelings about the future of VST2/3 and CLAP seems to be the way around the mess for developers. Anything you can share from Tracktion's viewpoint?
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Watchful wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:24 pm What are you guys feeling about CLAP support?

I'm not too excited either way (sheesh, MORE new plugins to get), but I understand there's a lot of mixed feelings about the future of VST2/3 and CLAP seems to be the way around the mess for developers. Anything you can share from Tracktion's viewpoint?
We pretty much rely on JUCE for our plugin hosting. We aren't a big enough team to implement it and support it ourself. That said, I did create a feature request for the JUCE team to support it and it is currently the highest rated feature request. They did LV2 and that's a pretty niche format. Short term, not hopeful, longer term maybe. It won't be in JUCE8, but maybe JUCE9.

https://forum.juce.com/t/fr-support-cla ... ient/51860

Wow, thanks for the fast answer!
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

I am curious if the issue of VST2 plugins showing a black area either at the top or bottom of the plugin window (also hiding part of the plugin) if Waveform's GUI scaling is set at any percentage other than 100% on a Mac (unless the plugins are sandboxed) which has existed from Waveform 12.5.3 all the way through to the latest 13.0.33 beta has something to do with the JUCE version used for hosting. A similar issue was never resolved in the Mac version of Waveform 11 (11.5.16 to the final version 11.5.18) when some VSTs showed a blank screen. I was told by support at the time that this was a bug caused by the JUCE version being used and it would be fixed when Windows 12 came out. It was fixed until the new bug appeared with Waveform 12.5.3.

A couple of things related to the Wavetable synth:
1. Filter 2 is named "FILTER 1".
2. The info box seems to be saying that the version is "v".
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Win 11. Waveform 13 Pro - all updates, including current. Sent in about an issue with Puremagnetik plugins not displaying their window correctly. They were often only an unusable chunk of the window. As of the latest update, they can cause a crash. THE FIRST CRASH I HAVE EXPERIENCED IN 13. :)
Not a biggie for me, just wanted to put it out there.

I'm able to run a Puremagnetic VST3 plugin with no issues in Waveform-13 . Strangely enough this is on Linux Ubuntu OS using wine-staging and yabridge for the emulation.
Screenshot from 2024-04-08 07-31-09.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi,
Show action menu incorrect focus wf pro13 and wf 12 pro focus is good
can it be fixed? 1.png - pro13 2. pro12
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Orion, Bitwig, Tracktion, Mixbus :party: :tu: :clap:
Win 10, intel i7, ram 20 steinberg UR22mkII :wink:

@instre The developers are aware of the bug and a fix will be made soon I believe.

On a random note, I just submitted a request for being able to reverse midi clips from a secondary click in the main timeline.
Kind of a strange one, but I thought if it's easy enough to do it would be fun.
I just wanted to put it out there in case there's something I'm missing about this, if there is an easy way to do this already.

inkybreath wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:53 pm On a random note, I just submitted a request for being able to reverse midi clips from a secondary click in the main timeline.
Kind of a strange one, but I thought if it's easy enough to do it would be fun.
I just wanted to put it out there in case there's something I'm missing about this, if there is an easy way to do this already.
What's the use case?

Return to “Tracktion”