Solution to replace the CC 121 for Cubase Pro 13

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm looking for a new hardware solution to replace a CC 121 for Cubase Pro.

I may have found a solution at SSL.

The UF 1 SSL.

What do you think ?

A good alternative to the CC 121?

Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

If the CC121 still works, it's probably the best choice. It's the most tightly integrated with Cubase and doesn't rely on archaic protocols like HUI or MCU.

There are also the Behringer X-Touch One and PresSonus Faderport, but they don't natively support Cubase, meaning no auto-banking and other limitations. There are unofficial Remote scripts for them, not sure how well they work.

There's also the Nektar CS12, supposed to get support for Cubase at some point in the future.

Thank you for your answers.

That's true, thanks for the information.

It could be a very interesting option the Ic Pro.

The Nektar would be an excellent alternative, but still in development for Cubase.

The problem is no date for compatibility with Cubase Pro 13.

There is also the Nektar P1 which could be an alternative, solution.

Trancer wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:20 pm It could be a very interesting option the Ic Pro.
I can't vouch for it personally, since I haven't upgraded my Cubase 9.5 and don't even have it installed on my current Mac, but I use Logic Remote on my iPad and it's a much better experience using a dedicated app than I've ever had using a universal hardware controller.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

Thank you very much for your answer.

The Ic pro seems okay, but there would be some lag and the application freezes, so not great.

I still wonder, if a Streamdeck XL and an Astra 2 Logickeyboard for Cubase wouldn't be a good combo?

There is the v2 faderport with the script, but I don't know which version of the script to download and how to install it in Cubase Pro 13 and whether to install the script elsewhere.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”