Tracktion Waveform 13

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Trancer wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:31 am VST scanning issues and bugs in other versions of Waveform.

I'm just repeating user comments.

If the Pro 13 version is fully functional, it interests me greatly.
I've been a user since the year dot and while in the past there have been issues with some plugins, which may or may not have been due to poor coding by the plugin devs themselves, for many years I have had no serious issues with plugins in WF on Windows. I have hundreds of plugins, too many :). Try the demo it's free anyway.
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

Thank you very much for your answer.

An excellent thing.

This Pro 13 version is very promising.

Hello, I'm trying out the 30 day demo for W13. Can anyone tell me how to solo an output from a multiout instrument like Addictive Drums for example? For some reason I get no audio when I try to solo any of the outputs from the submix.

Also, how do you enable MIDI input quantize for instrument tracks and make it the default setting for all new tracks/projects? Thanks.
Last edited by summer2000 on Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

Hmmm ... early "teething problems" I hope ... my UA Apollo X interface (ASIO Thunderbolt) has "crashed" in W13 repeatedly... the UA bit working fine, but multiple re-sets in the audio settings to get any sound ... and some odd MIDI behaviour getting valid inputs recognised and not finding dormant connections...

Had a good run through yesterday and today and version 13 so far is very stable on my Windows 10 system. I'm using it with an SSL2+ interface and I have a Ryzen 7 based PC. For a Tracktion "day one" version this makes me very happy since I had always had little issues in the past. I'll keep testing and combing through my plugin folder to find bugs but so far no problems here.
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

summer2000 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:28 pm Hello, I'm trying out the 30 day demo for W13. Can anyone tell me how to solo an output from a multiout instrument like Addictive Drums for example? For some reason I get no audio when I try to solo any of the outputs from the submix.

Also, how do you enable MIDI input quantize for instrument tracks and make it the default setting for all new tracks/projects? Thanks.
If you select the midi input icon, you can see a quantise option in the lower properties panel.

operandx wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:27 pm
summer2000 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:28 pm Hello, I'm trying out the 30 day demo for W13. Can anyone tell me how to solo an output from a multiout instrument like Addictive Drums for example? For some reason I get no audio when I try to solo any of the outputs from the submix.

If you select the midi input icon, you can see a quantise option in the lower properties panel.
Thanks for the quick response. Is it possible to set this as a global setting for the project or do I have to this for each new track I create? I'm coming from the workflow in Cubase, Studio One and most other DAWs I've used where this is configured at the project level for all instrument tracks.
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

summer2000 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:40 pm
operandx wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:27 pm

Thanks for the quick response. Is it possible to set this as a global setting for the project or do I have to this for each new track I create? I'm coming from the workflow in Cubase, Studio One and most other DAWs I've used where this is configured at the project level for all instrument tracks.
IIRC it sets it globally until you change it.

Noticed that v13 has no free version and that minimum OS Windows specs are Win 10. Has anyone installed the demo on Win 7/8/8.1?
Many companies are adopting a poison pill in making sure they won't install on these systems instead of simply not supporting it. So I'm wondering if this is following that trend before wasting any time on it.
Another annoying thing is that even after uninstalling previous versions, they show up under my control panel apps and refuse to be deleted.

BBFG# wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:52 pm Noticed that v13 has no free version and that minimum OS Windows specs are Win 10. Has anyone installed the demo on Win 7/8/8.1?
Many companies are adopting a poison pill in making sure they won't install on these systems instead of simply not supporting it.
Makes no sense to support systems which don't even get updated by Microsoft anymore. "Support" usually meaning that it's untested, not necessarily that it won't run on these systems (as the foundation of Windows doesn't change fundamentally anyway).

I guess you will have to "waste your time" by installing the trial version, and try it out yourself. Apart from your precious time, you don't have much to lose. ;)

chk071 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:56 pm
BBFG# wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:52 pm Noticed that v13 has no free version and that minimum OS Windows specs are Win 10. Has anyone installed the demo on Win 7/8/8.1?
Many companies are adopting a poison pill in making sure they won't install on these systems instead of simply not supporting it.
Makes no sense to support systems which don't even get updated by Microsoft anymore.
I can agree with that, but that's not my point. I ask specifically about the current trend of companies actively killing those older installations. If most of my software works on 10 and 7/8/8.1 then logically, they're doing something to make a division between them. They could have gotten away with it if they said the minimum was 11 as that is promoted as being a hardware limitation. This is therefore, arbitrary and ultimately increases my list of "companies" to be skeptical of.

So back to my actual question, has anyone installed this demo on 7/8/8.1?
And secondly, has anyone been able to remove Tracktion/Waveform completely with no obvious things permanently left on their system?

BBFG# wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:07 pm I can agree with that, but that's not my point. I ask specifically about the current trend of companies actively killing those older installations.
Examples for that, and evidence that developers actively "kill" these older installations?

Usually, the cutoff is not an artificial one, but the program relies on new features or frameworks added to the newer operating system. This is extremely common on the Mac. On PC, the installer may be the gatekeeper; if you can get the software installed, it may run, just not be officially supported.

Regarding deleting the software, if you do it manually, there will most assuredly be crumbs left in the registry. If there is an uninstaller, there may still be the main folder to delete manually and there may be those crumbs remaining--it depends on the uninstaller. Welcome to Windows. :)
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

chk071 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:10 pm
BBFG# wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:07 pm I can agree with that, but that's not my point. I ask specifically about the current trend of companies actively killing those older installations.
Examples for that, and evidence that developers actively "kill" these older installations?
I already presented that. And it doesn't matter that you want to derail from answering my actual questions. But maybe someone else can.

BBFG# wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:27 pm
chk071 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:10 pm
I already presented that.
No, you didn't.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”