Oasis by Night

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here the second release from my album "Dreaming of Adventure" :-)

https://soundcloud.com/vschmid/oasis-by ... al_sharing

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Lovely.

Thank you!

Yes this is really good. Really enjoyed everything about it. The background instrumentation is really nice. The 1:38 mark ushering in another mood ... really cool!

Thank you! The background string arrangement took me a while. Great that someone noticed :-D

This "Oasis by Night" is a slow and calm song but it was the same complexity in the strings arrangement than in my first released song "Diamond Valley" a week ago (KVR post). Maybe you enjoy that, too?

Interesting side note: I expected that here, in the KVR forum, I would get more questions like "what DAW/VSTi/effects/technique/etc are you using" or composition or instrumentation questions. But it never happened... :shrug: :ud:

Kukulkan wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:32 am Thank you! The background string arrangement took me a while. Great that someone noticed :-D

This "Oasis by Night" is a slow and calm song but it was the same complexity in the strings arrangement than in my first released song "Diamond Valley" a week ago (KVR post). Maybe you enjoy that, too?

Interesting side note: I expected that here, in the KVR forum, I would get more questions like "what DAW/VSTi/effects/technique/etc are you using" or composition or instrumentation questions. But it never happened... :shrug: :ud:
Oh shoot you know I thought I asked that but I must of have asked that in another post. Yes! I'm always curious what vsti others use! What did you use?

Haha, it was not intended as a request :lol:

I use Presonus Studio One as my DAW. The orchestra is mainly "Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra" because it was complete (not only strings but a whole orchestra incl. choir and percussion) and on a low budget (I remember it was on reduced price while I bought it). The choir I currently love to use is EastWest "Opus". I remember I also used a free soundfont for some drums. The guitar on "Oasis by Night" is played with the GD-6 from the Guitar Collection of acousticsamples.net. This is a really great and natural sounding instrument with really realistic guitar (but not if you need heavy distortion or want to play Metal). I bought it on a black friday sale a few years ago. The girl singing is from a royalty free sample pack I don't remember. It is heavily processed to fit the song...

I've had a real flute player playing on "Diamond Valley". It was a friend of me regularily playing in a symphonic orchestra. I recorded the flute using two Rode M5 X/Y directly into my soundcard (Mackie Onyx Producer 2•2). I use Waves H-Reverb, which is really great sounding and also very affordable. The "Valhalla Super Massive" is free and I really like to play with it every now and then. I also own a license of Rob Papen Blue 2 and UHE Zebra. If a synth is noted, it is most likely one of them :wink: .

Return to “Music Cafe”