The guitar apocalypse is real

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tapper mike wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:48 am I think more about the players and how much of a next generation will actually still play. Taylor Swift sold more guitars than Mayer or Mayer and Hendrix combined. And as much as she is a media darling that's actually starting to fade. What we have here are isolated performers where as in the past there were more wannabe guitar players idolizing more guitarists who had the free time and the commitment to learning and playing.
Every seed will not grow to a plant or a tree.

Not actually seen Taylor Swift perform, but if with guitar I presume it's more of an accessory that look good many vocalists have than being an accomplished player.
- purely prejudised of course

If that make young people dream of performing and writing own songs and stuff, nothing wrong with that.
- power to them
- parents always look for good interests for kids to have and willingly sponsor

Great Reset my arse.

Looney tunes.

As for guitarpocalypse, maybe.

lfm wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:53 pm
Yup.

Last mega pop star I’d slag off in this thread is the very musical and guitar-friendly Swift. I’ve not seen her do guitar hero stuff (thankfully) but her roots are pretty guitary.

https://youtu.be/9jIs4ydbGqU?si=yI_pEPrbtONAgiI9
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

well, i was saving to buy the roland integra-7 sound module
i figured it will take me a while to save for that
it cost about two thousand dollars
but then i found out that it's discontinued

so i'm thinking "forget about that, i'll save up for something else"

this
https://www.amazon.ca/Jamstik-Classic-G ... ac61919971
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

revvy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:26 pm Reset my arse.
was that the follow up to "jumpstart my heart", by the morley crue iirc? or was it poison?

revvy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:26 pm
Yup.

Last mega pop star I’d slag off in this thread is the very musical and guitar-friendly Swift. I’ve not seen her do guitar hero stuff (thankfully) but her roots are pretty guitary.
i agree, she played with willie nelson, thats good enough for me.
plus she charted with bones, thats got to count for something to her?

vurt wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:17 pm
Yup.

Absolutely. In an interview about the Slovakian indie chart she shared with him, she said that bones could be “a bit of a f**king anal idiot” at times but she was impressed with his vocal delivery and piss-themed freeware.
Last edited by revvy on Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Knows her onions;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1Zt47V3pPw

Plus, singing and playing at the same time is f**king hard. Been at this lark for 40 years and still shite at it.

There's also a clip on there from the same gig where she's playing a Jaaathmaster, though sadly not in the Kevin Shields stylee. She should give it a go, get yon Swifties into yer high volume shoegaze. :hyper:

revvy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:17 pm
Yup.

Absolutely. In an interview about the Slovakian indie chart she shared with him, she said that bones could be “a bit of a f**king anal idiot” at times but she was impressed with his vocal delivery and piss-themed freeware.
I heard she had a bit of a thing with him, but broke up on account of the absence of flushable water closet, and took up with Eamonn Holmes instead.

donkey tugger wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:35 pm Knows her onions;
That she does. Proper talented woman.

donkey tugger wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:35 pm There's also a clip on there from the same gig where she's playing a Jaaathmaster, though sadly not in the Kevin Shields stylee. She should give it a go, get yon Swifties into yer high volume shoegaze. :hyper:
On another board I joked that Swiftgaze was going to be the next new genre. I never thought I'd see her play a JM though.

I also see her more on the Slowdive side than MBV.

Magic Russ wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:00 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:35 pm There's also a clip on there from the same gig where she's playing a Jaaathmaster, though sadly not in the Kevin Shields stylee. She should give it a go, get yon Swifties into yer high volume shoegaze. :hyper:
On another board I joked that Swiftgaze was going to be the next new genre. I never thought I'd see her play a JM though.

I believe that she's covering the whole of Psychocandy at her next concert
(yes, I know that's more noise than shoegaze, but that's what I heard)
I used to be Bunnyboy many many years ago

Bunny_boy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:16 pm

are you serious?
:o
i may actually go for that!!

vurt wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:18 pm
Bunny_boy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:16 pm

are you serious?
:o
i may actually go for that!!

🎼🎼Crack of dawn… 🥁🎸

On another board I joked that Swiftgaze was going to be the next new genre.
Just as a bit of fun (and certainly not to disparage), I give you one minute of proto-Swiftgaze;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGilCOiycIs

A little bit of technology is dangerous in the wrong (sausage-fingered) hands..

nice!

Return to “Guitars”