FIXES

Deleting a scene no longer crashes the program (a regression in v5.1.4) [35184]

Changes in Bitwig Studio 5.1.4 [released 28 February 2024]

NEW FEATURES

Support for SSL hardware controllers and plug-in mixing system
Note: This requires the SSL 360° version 1.7 update

IMPROVEMENTS

Memory-usage optimizations when loading older projects in Bitwig Studio
Added mappable shortcuts to Increase/Decrease Tempo by 1 BPM and Increase/Decrease Tempo by 0.1 BPM

FIXES

Export audio in offline mode did not work with some plug-ins anymore (a regression) [35075]
Realtime rendering can now be turned off again [35060]
Clip Launcher: White highlight frame is now painted again for clips within group tracks (a regression) [35097]
FX Grid (The Grid) device: Loads pre v5.1.x FX Grid presets, etc. with Auto-gate from Notes disabled [35135]
Convolution (Reverb) device: No longer crashes Bitwig when dragging AIF files onto device [35053]
Detail Editor Panel: Drawing a velocity ramp was not working for some clips/notes in Track mode [35007]
Notes without gain expression no longer show a Spread value of 100 % in the Inspector Panel [35055]
Windows: Chain (Container) device's text isn't cut off anymore [32616]
Arturia Keylab Essential MK3 script: Fixed a crashing bug [#79]
Novation Launchpad Pro script: LEDs paint correct colors again (a regression)
Last edited by pdxindy on Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

pdxindy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:46 pm Changes in Bitwig Studio 5.1.4 [released 28 February 2024]

NEW FEATURES

!

Is this true? If so I can get myself the SSL UF8…

Edit: I don’t see, or cannot find the pre-requisite SSL 360° version 1.7 update software anyplace, so not yet convinced.

Sysagent wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:41 pm !

Edit: I don’t see, or cannot find the pre-requisite SSL 360° version 1.7 update software anyplace, so not yet convinced.
It's a pre-release, so it might be available once it is actually released.

You could always send a message to Bitwig support and just ask them.

Changes in Bitwig Studio 5.1.5 [released 29 February 2024]

FIXES

Deleting a scene no longer crashes the program (a regression in v5.1.4) [35184]

Sysagent wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:41 pm
pdxindy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:46 pm Changes in Bitwig Studio 5.1.4 [released 28 February 2024]

NEW FEATURES

!

you might like the release notes :wink:

UF8 and UF1 New Features
Dedicated DAW profiles added for Bitwig (v5.1.4 and above) and Digital Performer (v11.31 and above)

UC1 New Features
Bitwig support added (VST3 integration).

https://support.solidstatelogic.com/hc/ ... V96PS6YH6Q

Yeh!

Just done my daily search for the release from SSL and lo and behold it has appeared.

Better get one ordered eh?

The cool thing is, that SSL 360 works without the hardware. So, if you want a different mixing environment you can use SSL 360 with SSL 360 Link(free plugin) on every track and the DAW pan&faders in 360 control the Bitwig mixer, even with the current 5.1.3 version.

The UF8 has arrived and I am feverishly adding keyboard macros to it!

Seems to be responsive and quick on interfacing with the DAW, feels pretty good quality as well - some of the assigned parameters are a bit weird to work out, and confusing but I am sure I will get there...

I have been holding off moving to Bitwig until support for UF8 was confirmed. Can you confirm that I just need version 5.1.5 to use UF8? And does it work ok?

Tony Reed wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:07 am I have been holding off moving to Bitwig until support for UF8 was confirmed. Can you confirm that I just need version 5.1.5 to use UF8? And does it work ok?
If i were you, i would test it myself. Nothing beats an individual test, as everyone has different levels of needs and specifics in his/her workflow! Testing Bitwigs newest (!) full version is free for 30 days!
I built a Looper for Bitwig! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z5ywDo2bU0

Yes, any Bitwig Studio version from 5.1.4 is working, and you need SSL 360 1.7.8 So basically just download the latest versions and you're good.

Really like the UF8, solid hardware + the customizable functions/key commands in combination with the OLEDs are great. And the dedicated script in BWS makes use of the whole unit pretty well.

But as nowiamone said, best to try it out yourself.

Return to “Bitwig”